Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's been parked in the driveway and covered since Friday afternoon. Had a minor surgery Friday afternoon and doc said no motorcycle for 7-10 days. She looks so lonely without me to ride her.

He hinted I might want to actually wait 14 days or so. Cannot wait till Friday so I can take a little zip around town to see if I'm 100% enough to ride again.

Found a new set of gloves that should rate to about 32 degrees with extra armor and padding compared to my current winter gloves, not sure if I want to pull the trigger though. I'm just not cracked about the Joe Rocket brand. Think I'll go with my original plan and grab the First Gear gloves I've been eyeing for 6 months.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Found a new set of gloves that should rate to about 32 degrees with extra armor and padding compared to my current winter gloves, not sure if I want to pull the trigger though. I'm just not cracked about the Joe Rocket brand. Think I'll go with my original plan and grab the First Gear gloves I've been eyeing for 6 months.
I am pretty sure this is the glove I bought last fall.
http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/238/379/Gloves/Rush_Glove

They were quite warm, but the same seam on both gloves gave way in only a few rides. I was not very happy. Other than that I have been quite happy with my Joe Rocket gear and the fit.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a small minor complication this week after surgery. Nothing to serious. Me being paranoid about such things I stalled my jumping back on the Versys with the doctor's recommendation another 4 days.

Wish the rain would stop so I could give the V a good scrub down and start up with out getting myself soaked.

Of course I had the joy of being on call this week and had to go into work this morning to deal with the horror that is now SUN/Oracle support.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First ride after my surgery (2 weeks no V was killing me).

What a great feeling it was to just flip the visor up and take some early morning mist in the face. Ambient air temp was warm and the fog was thick so I just cruised the back roads to the highway keeping an extra sharp eye for deer and other wildlife native to Maryland.

I had to keep wiping my visor clean though when I got on the highway. Oh how I missed riding. What a great start to a day. Nothing like rolling down the open road at 4am with a nice air temp. :yeahsmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts