Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just out of curiosity I was looking at the dealership where I traded my Harley for my Versys back in March, and guess what...... It's still there. http://www.naultswindham.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=199609&pov=3665633
$9,000 really? I know it's a sweet bike, but not worth 9k with 9,000 miles on it even with all the upgrades I put on it. Stupid them gave me 8,500 for it, so I don't think they will go much lower unless its to make room.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am trying to help a friend sell a 2013 Sportster 72 with only 991 miles for $8900. People just are not grabbing Harleys like they used to. I had a 2008 Harley Superglide and the 2010 Versys I have now is a way better bike. Light, Nimble and fun. And Half the price.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
looks like you made a good choice :) got rid of a pos for a block of gold..... id take almost anything over a HD

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Harley was awesome, but not $100 a month more awesome. Not to mention my fiancé wouldn't get on the Harley.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I am trying to help a friend sell a 2013 Sportster 72 with only 991 miles for $8900. People just are not grabbing Harleys like they used to. I had a 2008 Harley Superglide and the 2010 Versys I have now is a way better bike. Light, Nimble and fun. And Half the price.
My local dealer was selling new 1 year leftover 72s for about that price. I was tempted, but already have a few 'casual ride' bikes in the stable. The 72 reminds of the bikes I would see ride by when I was a kid.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The Harley was awesome, but not $100 a month more awesome. Not to mention my fiancé wouldn't get on the Harley.
shes a smart woman :yeahsmile::p;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you walk away with cash when you traded for the Versys? I paid under $6k when I bought my '11 new in '11.
Not exactly I still owed on the Harley, so pretty much it was a wash it took some money off the V, but no cash in hand.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I buy/sell/trade bikes of just about all models and manufacturers.
To say that the used motorcycle market is in the toilet would be an understatement.

It's not just Harleys.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
gas prices are dropping - I bet SUV sales are up

when gas prices rise the truck suv market hurts and the motorcycle market probably gets a boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts