Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Cecil and I'm the proud owner of motorcycle number 6, a green Versys 300X with ABS.
I have around 200 miles on it so far and I am VERY pleased with the bike. These days lighter is better! I'm getting used to hearing the Ninja motor rev but I'm pleasantly surprised at the minimum vibration, both in the seat and mirrors.
First thing on the bike was a Whelen super bright LED brake light and number two was a pair of amber led running lights. I just added a Garmin GPS mount yesterday. Next is going to be a one-up front sprocket - waiting on the bench.
A friend and I bought ours together and are working/playing with them together. BTW, if you're in Florida and would like a wonderful dealer to shop with, I highly recommend Champions Honda-Kawasaki in Cocoa, Florida. Great folks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
The 300 sounds like a fun bike. My local dealer has one and I really like it, but I just bought my 650 last year. Enjoy it, and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am looking forward to some long-term reviews on the 300x as I plan to add one to the garage next year if it turns out to be what it proves to be. Good luck and welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats. When I read you were putting a larger sprocket on the front of a 300cc bike, I was a little concerned. Then I saw you were in FL where hills are few and far apart. What is the wet weight of the bike?
going 1 up on the front does not change the rpm's that much ... maybe 200 rpm .... what is does do is correct the speedo ... I have done the same on all of my bikes over the years ... except my cruiser ... to do that , I went with a slightly wider tire and the change in the aspect (ie. 70% of a 200 rear vs 70% of a 170 rear) took care of the speedo issue for me .... rather than a new front pulley.

While Florida has no hills, those love bugs squished all over the bike may slow him down.

I saw one of these 300's at my dealer last week ... nice bike .... welcome Olcec

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Switching from 14/16 to 15/46 sprockets will make your gearing 7.14285714285714 % taller than stock (drop from 7,000 rpm to 6,500 rpm at same actual speed) So your speedometer would then be near accurate, but your odometer/trip meters will be about 7% under actual... Your CEL will be on and your gear position indicator won't work for about 100 miles until it calibrates itself again on its own.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Cecil! It would be nice to find an honest dealer here in FL.

Perhaps we shall run into each other on the road. Look for the old fat woman on the green 650 Versys!

Attachments

Reactions: onewizard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! I got mine a few weeks ago as well and I can say that I am more than happy with the bike. Have not been able to get it on the dirt as of yet but that should come soon as soon as crash bars are installed. Ride safe. Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts