Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gone is my beloved V, and in it's place is the SX1000....I already removed the ninja decals. Picked it up yesterday, already logged a couple hundred miles. First impression...the MOTOR. Ultra smooth and powerful. Reminds me of my '02 ZX12R. Lots of bottom end. Handles great, almost telepathic. Think about turning and it's already doing it. Good suspension. Pegs a little high, already ordered Speedy's kit. Other than that, love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I almost bought a 2012 ABs unit..Rode it and wow, just as you discribed...I just could not trade my R1 off for it..

·
Registered
7 Posts
just the guys I was looking for. I have an 06 650r and am thinking of either going to the versys or the ninja 1000. I am gonna take the ninja 1000 out for a test ride, don't know when I'll be able to take the versys out. Both bikes seem to fit me a little better (I'm 6'2") than the 650r, but again I haven't ridden either one yet. I like the upright feel of the versys and the ninja 1000 doesn't feel as cramped as the 650r, oh and of course the power difference is probably gonna be exciting. Any pros or cons you can give me that I may not be thinking of with either bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is almost apples and oranges..The 650 is just that a 650 and the 1000 is a full blown sport bike...

The 650 will take the country roads and some gravel roads the 1000 wont..The 650 is way cooler (not so hot on the legs and butt) than the 1000..

Then the price...Buy a used 650 cheap or a 1000 for twice as much..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
congrats Bob, and hope you enjoy it as much as you did your versys. where did you buy it from and did you trade in the versys?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts