Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is actually nude carbon, hard to tell in the pic. A Stebel would be awesome. Scare the crap out of some people.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sweet bike! Suggestion - rotate bars down a bit so bottom of bar is parallel to ground, and brake levers are more perpendicular. Enjoy!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They did a pro-fit on me at the shop and that's what we ended up with. Generally you want your drops between parallel to the ground and pointing at the rear axle. The hoods are in a good spot for climbing. I've never been a criterium rider so having the front end up a bit is nice. I was between the XL and XXL sizes so this is where we dialed everything in.

·
Registered
842 Posts
What gear's, etc is it running?

I a looking at a 3 y.o. Specialized Roubaix S-Works with SRAM RED which I will switch the rear cluster and RD for RIVAL WiFLi.

I currently ride a Eddie Merckx with Sachs Rival (circa 1982). Sachs was one of the early parts of SRAM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
:)That is a swank ride. I have a classic Colnago Super with Campy Super Record 1984 with Columbus tubing. My newest ride is a Kuota Khan with Campy Record 10. Got it before the 11 came out.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What gear's, etc is it running?
It is full Shimano 105. I wanted to get the SRAM group, but it wasn't offered with a compact crank. My old bike was full Ultegra, but this new 10-speed 105 is 10 times better.

I originally purchased the Tarmac Comp. After one ride I noticed a weird spot in the paint on the seat tube and asked the dealer about it. Specialized saw the pictures that the dealer sent them and said they could not confirm it wasn't a crack in the carbon. They sent me a new Tarmac Pro replacement frame. I was riding it in less than 3 days. I have been very impressed with the dealer and Specialized.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts