Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yeahsmile: Delivered today and duly fitted like a child getting his xmas prezzie early.

Quality wise, it's lovelier than a very lovely thing.

Fitting was straight forward tho' I did end up having to remove the back wheel as I just couldn't wiggle the oe can away from the downpipes. Still, it let me make sure everything was nice and clean where no man has gone before. It fitted on nice and easy with no problems at all.

There's such a different noise now, as expected. I was kinda worried that it would be too loud (and I'm sure it's ridiculously noisy without the removable baffle in place), but it's not bad at all. I suppose it seems louder as the noise was reverberating off the garage walls and won't be so bad once outside, but it was pishing down and I am prepared to wait.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I love the looks, I love the sound (so far) and I'll see if it makes the bike feel any different soon enough. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats! I have the same type, and i am very pleased with it. :) The sound isnt that much louder than stock, just a little darker tone. Nothing negative to report about it so far. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any idea how this compares sound wise to the the Two Brothers slip on? I had a Two brothers carbron slip on with the the quiet tip and found it pretty annoying at anything higher than 5k rpm.

Thanks,
Hugh

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea how this compares sound wise to the the Two Brothers slip on? I had a Two brothers carbron slip on with the the quiet tip and found it pretty annoying at anything higher than 5k rpm.

Thanks,
Hugh

No idea. :sorry:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a TwoBrothers on my 2007 and it was LOUD, even with optional baffle. Based on comments here, the LeoVince seems to be more reasonable, thats probably what I'll be putting on my 2011...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a TwoBrothers on my 2007 and it was LOUD, even with optional baffle.
My mate who has an ER6F is considering changing his oe pipe to the Two Brothers. It looks like a nice enough pipe, but personally, what I like about the LV is the way it is tucked right in under the bike. But I suppose many would rather have a pipe that pokes out, to show off and see what they've spent their hard earned on.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just looking at the LeoVince I wonder if the passenger wont be getting all the fumes up in her face since its more under the bike and directly under her...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looking at the LeoVince I wonder if the passenger wont be getting all the fumes up in her face since its more under the bike and directly under her...

What passenger...........:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine blows the fumes out the side. There is enough flow to blow it away even at idle. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've always wanted the LV underbody. Clean and nice. Too bad my bike already had the yoshi on when i took over it, and well, the sound made it up for me.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hey DavyF

Very nice result

Have two things for you

-in the instruction for the akrovic exhaust, for dismanteling the oem exhaust, they make you loosen the screw of the headers at the engine, then you can wiggle the oem out ...

- Since i'm a bit anal about the enviroment, is their a catalitic with the leovince system ? Even as an option ?

Thank's

Again, very nice integration !!!

LOP

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since i'm a bit anal about the enviroment, is their a catalitic with the leovince system ? Even as an option ?

You can order a cat, although as I don't care about the environment, I didn't. ;)

Just in from a good ride and there's a nice overall difference and improvement. It's not too loud to piss people off, but still loud enough to hopefully make someone aware I'm approaching. The front wheel heads skywards much more easily on the throttle and there's a much better pick-up in mid-range. She's really gutsy now accelerating from 60 to 80 mph. So I'm very happy with my purchase to say the least. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the fact that it almost looks like a factory option and matches the looks of the bike. If it weren't for the sticker, non V people would think it was stock. You are making me want to part with my money, I must resist, I must resist....

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Very nice looking setup. Had the Two Brothers muffler on my V for a while (it was installed when I bought the bike) and it was bloody loud! Eventually re-installed the OEM muffler so I wouldn't be driven out of the neighborhood :mad:

If the Leo Vinci is not that much louder than the stock muffler I might have to invest in one. It looks good, but then so does your entire bike. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts