Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just want to stop by and say hello to everybody from Buenos Aires, Argentina!! Will post pics of my new 2017 versys 650 as soon as I figure out how to do it! :grin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I got this beauty about a month ago. I´m really impress with how nice this bike rides, especially coming from a Yamaha R6 and a FZ1 naked. This is my first kawa and I love it. The only complain will be an annoying buzzing/rattling noise around the dash area at 2000 and 4000 rpm that disappears as soon as I press on it with one finger. Everything else is great. Already installed a givi windscreen, engine guards and top case.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
So, I got this beauty about a month ago. I´m really impress with how nice this bike rides, especially coming from a Yamaha R6 and a FZ1 naked. This is my first kawa and I love it. The only complain will be an annoying buzzing/rattling noise around the dash area at 2000 and 4000 rpm that disappears as soon as I press on it with one finger. Everything else is great. Already installed a givi windscreen, engine guards and top case.
:welcome: Looking good!

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. My 650LT also developed the rattle occasionally. I slide a small black piece of rubber around the top part of speedo housing. Problem solved and you can't see it because it is black. Felt or other material will work also. This is a known problem and you would have thought Kawi would have fixed this by now.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you get your hands on a Versys in Argentina? There is literally only 1 in Peru. I know. I sat on it.
We have several Kawasaki dealers in the Buenos Aires area, and all of them have Versys 650 and 1000 in stock as far as I know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you find the tank glare to be a problem w/ the Titanium color? I *really* like that color in the 2017 but i'm concerned about glare off the tank.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
The tank is far below your line-of-sight. I've NEVER had a "glare-issue" in about 135K miles on THREE Vs, two green, one red.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

(No glare issues for me.)

Reactions: rhicks

·
Registered
52 Posts

I installed the same Givi windscreen on my 2015 650LT. It does a great job or reducing buffeting and wind noise. Good choice.

Enjoy your new bike!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts