Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in western NY ... 35 miles south of Buffalo ... I have been exploring north central PA for the last 5 years with a dualsport ... or adventure bike and a GPS ... I have found some amazing places ... with great wildlife encounters and awesome scenery ... including ... but not limited to ... elk, bear, rattle snakes, coyote, bobcat, an endless variety of birds, including eagles, turkey, osprey ... I could make a list as long as your arm on the wild life ... I consider this area an microcosm of Colorado ... with the 3D scenery and the abundance of wild life ... Last Monday and Tuesday I disappeared from work for two days for some recoup time as I have been working nonstop for over a month ... That coupled with the fact that I wanted to test my suspension mods on the varied surfaces that I knew I would be traveling ... Enclosed is a link to my photobucket for a photo journal of my overnighter ... I was blessed with elk, rattle snake, coyote, encounters ... which I was able to get photos of ... In addition ... I also saw a bobcat, and a bear ... both of which were camera shy ... so no photos of them ... I would encourage comments and critiques ... hope you enjoy ....!!!

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/ddkessler/Between the Fairs Ride 08-2010/

·
Registered
136 Posts
I live in western NY ... 35 miles south of Buffalo ... I have been exploring north central PA for the last 5 years with a dualsport ... or adventure bike and a GPS ... I have found some amazing places ... with great wildlife encounters and awesome scenery ... including ... but not limited to ... elk, bear, rattle snakes, coyote, bobcat, an endless variety of birds, including eagles, turkey, osprey ... I could make a list as long as your arm on the wild life ... I consider this area an microcosm of Colorado ... with the 3D scenery and the abundance of wild life ... Last Monday and Tuesday I disappeared from work for two days for some recoup time as I have been working nonstop for over a month ... That coupled with the fact that I wanted to test my suspension mods on the varied surfaces that I knew I would be traveling ... Enclosed is a link to my photobucket for a photo journal of my overnighter ... I was blessed with elk, rattle snake, coyote, encounters ... which I was able to get photos of ... In addition ... I also saw a bobcat, and a bear ... both of which were camera shy ... so no photos of them ... I would encourage comments and critiques ... hope you enjoy ....!!!

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/ddkessler/Between the Fairs Ride 08-2010/
Good pictures, really like those on the bridge :thumb: I like old bridges & farmhouses.

What exacty is "Pipeline off of Montour Run"? Is that one of those pipelines that was on the news a month or so ago that was leaking up there or am I thinking of something else?

Heading up into your neck of the woods next month, from Georgia to Niagara Falls, on into Canada for a day or two, and back down south.

David

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome tires...bike....and scenery

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good pictures, really like those on the bridge :thumb: I like old bridges & farmhouses.

What exacty is "Pipeline off of Montour Run"? Is that one of those pipelines that was on the news a month or so ago that was leaking up there or am I thinking of something else?

Heading up into your neck of the woods next month, from Georgia to Niagara Falls, on into Canada for a day or two, and back down south.

David
The term pipeline in our neck of the woods means underground gas pipe ... everything else is above ground ... thus powerlines ... still on maintained right of ways though ... The manufacture I sell for is in you town ... Kubota ... When you get up this way ... look me up ... I might be able to show you the
" lay of the land " ... It depends on timing ... I'm rolling a trip to Maine around in my head in the middle of September ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pics! I love seeing wildlife while riding. Nice roads. Great scenery.

So how did your suspension do??
For a little effort and low dollar mods ... I nailed it on both the front and rear suspension ... firm ... but compliant on both ends ... good bottoming resistance ... with not being to harsh in the begining ... and mid stroke ... I couldn't be happier ... I really don't see the need to spend the big bucks on suspension mods based on how well it is working for me ... and the kind of riding I do

Here is the link to the detailed thread of what I did

----> http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9959&highlight=versys+suspension

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Great pic's just not keen on the snake
Yeah ... He was in the middle of the road ... By the time I got near him ... he was wound up and ready for me when I approached ... in order not to get run over ... I side swiped him with my foot ... he went sliding across the hiway like a hocky puck ... By the time I went to the shoulder of the road where he now resided ... he really wanted a piece of me ... BAD ... I took a couped of quick photos ... and called it enough ... Like ... Quit while your ahead ...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Again, very nice terrain you have to ride on. Absolutely gorgeous.
The bull elk is magnificent.
Nice post!:thumb:

BTW, I've adjusted my suspension to your specs except for the oil change. Already makes a big difference. Rear is more compliant and no more brake diving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts