Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is no ride report section here I hope you don't mind if I share some photos from my last trip to Maggie Vally NC and area ( Great Smokie Mountains National Park) ,home of the Dragon, Cherohala skyway,The Diamondback and a host of other famous roads , all of which saw my tires along them.In addition I rode the entire Blue ridge parkway , end to end.

Phillippi WVa US 219

Entering Virginia on US 52

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
Cool Photos... :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Traffic on NC28 ( tail of the dragon/ moonshine 28 ) the day I rode it and the Dragon, near the Fontana Dam at the top end where it meets 129

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Far end Of 129 heading to us 360 to cut over to the Skyway.

Along the Skyway

MC parking at the hotel, Maggie Valley Conference Center motorcycle friendly and motorcyclist run.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
All in all a great trip , close to 3000 miles in 6 days. The 2008 Versys ran flawlessly as it has on all its road trip , averaging 54 mpg.I love it for a road bike, it has crossed the US and never had me wanting more as far as a mount to ride. And if you go down there I would reccomend Maggie Valley vs Robertsville, much nicer and I have gone down there half a dozen times.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I enjoy seeing others adventures. It helps me to plan mine. My forum album is full of pics, that way I can log in at work and "escape".

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Great scenery & great photos. The BRP, the Blue Ridge Parkway, is a pretty spectacular ribbon of pavement - if you don't mind going slowly. I recall an episode of Top Gear in which Jezza, James, and the Hamster chugged over that amazing bridge, shown I one of the photos, in super cars at idle speed - and they complained about it for a long while. Too bad, huh?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts