Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Badluck is almost finished. I still have to wait for my braided brake lines. I'm not that happy with my paint job for the fork guards (Thanks to Cuff for the design and mounting answers). I may do some sanding yet but I am happy with how it turned out. I also have some Hepco&Becker crash guards on the way. It ended up being the best way to mount some highway pegs and serves two purposes.
Now to get some more miles on her.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
I see you went a different route? - did you get my reply to your pm re: how to mount the fender?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you went a different route? - did you get my reply to your pm re: how to mount the fender?
If it was not for riders like you, willing to share knowledge, doing mods would be a lot more work.
I decided to buy the fork braces (saw it on here but can't remember who did it), and use metal plate mounted to that. I am not much of a fabricator but it seemed like the easiest way for me to go.
Now it is just a waiting till the brake lines show up. I took everything back off and painted it black to blend in.
Not sure if I will re-paint the fender. Probably not if it cleans up good enough. It is just going to get dinged up anyway.
Thanks again.
:thumb:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice job, now just add this to the KMW:goodidea:
Mine are on the way to me. I found some from Brad Esler. Very reasonable and should look great on the bike. I can't wait for the questions "What model Beemer is that?"
Well, it's a KMW (or maybe it's a VGS)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks great. I love the front fender. If they came that way from the dealer, I'd definitely be riding a 2010. Caribou cases look awesome as well. That's what I'm holding out for.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. I love the front fender. If they came that way from the dealer, I'd definitely be riding a 2010. Caribou cases look awesome as well. That's what I'm holding out for.
Thanks!

The bags are working out great. They seem easier to pack than my FJR bags even though they are only 1 liter bigger. They are built to last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts