Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. As in topic.. When ignition is on and i press the horn button my multimeter said 14v.. So, new horn case closed? Anything other tings I should be aware of? Bike is a 650 2008 model.

Kenneth

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
na mine crapped out too at the start of the year, i just threw a cheap piaa knock off from harbor freight, works great now

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Stock horn really never worked in the first place. Mounted a Stebel Nautilus on the side of the engine...

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Put a bumper sticker like I have on my car "Horn broke, watch for Finger!"

I can't honesty say I have ever used a horn in "Anger" When it's hitting the fan I use every second I have to get out of the way/stop/power out what ever and reaching for the horn very low on my list.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Put a bumper sticker like I have on my car "Horn broke, watch for Finger!"

I can't honesty say I haveif ever used a horn in "Anger" When it's hitting the fan I use every second I have to get out of the way/stop/power out what ever and reaching for the horn very low on my list.
if you ever see my sunday driver vids youll see i use my horn alot to worn cars pulling out of side streets im there due to the versys being the prius of bikes

Reactions: unstable_rider

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
due to the versys being the prius of bikes
The Versys The Prius of Motorcycles....why if that wasn't true they'd be fighting words! :wink2:

I use my horn more to frighten the critters I come across on the back roads. I have blown the horn more than once and had the dumba$$ LOOK at me and come on over forcing me out of my lane anyway. Maybe that's why I don't have a CCW...I like to see then ignore that .45 Horn's noise. But I'd likely end up in jail and what's the old saying "there's never a policeman around when you need one" but stand up for yourself and they'll be dozens around to nail YOU.

·
Registered
739 Posts

"due to the versys being the prius of bikes"

Take that back Mr. fox...!

Or at least modify the statement and put a West-coast disclosure on it? :surprise:

The sighting of a Prius causes acid reflux for me. In my part of town it represents a certain type of occupant-voter I typically disagree with. Let's just say they would like everyone to have a facking Prius.. but would rather have another group PAYING FOR IT.

>:)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

"due to the versys being the prius of bikes"

Take that back Mr. fox...!

Or at least modify the statement and put a West-coast disclosure on it? :surprise:

>:)
well its silent like the deadly prius, and sometimes doesnt get as good as gas mileage as its suppose to sometimes

Reactions: unstable_rider

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all.. Original horn was 50£ but got a cheap china model for 10.. Good enough..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts