Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There've been some queries, so here goes:

- after my second Covid Vaccination (Moderna) done on 27 Feb '21 in AZ, about two weeks later I began having some side-effects similar to some that other AZ friends were having - two days of balance problems, then two days of feeling 'pukey', two MORE days of balance problems, then I awoke on the 7th day (20 March?) - felt GREAT, but looking in the mirror saw that the whole left-side of my face had "slumped" as well as still feeling un-balanced. Thinking STROKE I went to the Emerg, and after a CT scan and an MRI the doctor told me I had NOT had a stroke, but that I DID have Bells palsy (which I had NEVER even heard of..!), and as well as my face being partially paralyzed and w/ balance issues, it SHOULD go away after six months or so.

Going to Mass on Palm Sunday - 28 March (my wife driving me in the car) - she stopped at a RED traffic light on a local hwy [in a 50 mph zone], and a Jeep c/w the 'battering-ram' front bumper rear-ended us w/out the sound of squealing-tires or brakes (WANNA BET HE WAS TEXTING...?) and ended up in our back-seat area while making our low-mileage '01 Nissan Maxima SE a write-off!

THAT was the end of riding in AZ for me, and upon return to BC, a long wait to re-start.

An issue from the facial paralysis is that my left-eyelid doesn't "control", so while I CAN blink it AT THE SAME TIME as the right one, it remains OPEN otherwise, so I need to put eye-drops or ointment in it.

But SOMETIMES it just hurts like hell, tears stream down my face, so I need to get home (OFF the road IF I'm riding), and that DOES "put a crimp" in things. There it is "inmates".

:eek:

Registered
There've been some queries, so here goes:

- after my second Covid Vaccination (Moderna) done on 27 Feb '21 in AZ, about two weeks later I began having some side-effects similar to some that other AZ friends were having - two days of balance problems, then two days of feeling 'pukey', two MORE days of balance problems, then I awoke on the 7th day (20 March?) - felt GREAT, but looking in the mirror saw that the whole left-side of my face had "slumped" as well as still feeling un-balanced. Thinking STROKE I went to the Emerg, and after a CT scan and an MRI the doctor told me I had NOT had a stroke, but that I DID have Bells palsy (which I had NEVER even heard of..!), and as well as my face being partially paralyzed and w/ balance issues, it SHOULD go away after six months or so.

Going to Mass on Palm Sunday - 28 March (my wife driving me in the car) - she stopped at a RED traffic light on a local hwy [in a 50 mph zone], and a Jeep c/w the 'battering-ram' front bumper rear-ended us w/out the sound of squealing-tires or brakes (WANNA BET HE WAS TEXTING...?) and ended up in our back-seat area while making our low-mileage '01 Nissan Maxima SE a write-off!

THAT was the end of riding in AZ for me, and upon return to BC, a long wait to re-start.

An issue from the facial paralysis is that my left-eyelid doesn't "control", so while I CAN blink it AT THE SAME TIME as the right one, it remains OPEN otherwise, so I need to put eye-drops or ointment in it.

But SOMETIMES it just hurts like hell, tears stream down my face, so I need to get home (OFF the road IF I'm riding), and that DOES "put a crimp" in things. There it is "inmates".

:eek:
Sorry to hear this Eddie. Bests.

Registered
Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully you can get healed up and back on the bike soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts