Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta get this off my chest.
Don't you hate it when you're riding along and get an itch under your helmet? It's like having an itch under a cast or in your shoe.
This morning I had a piece of hair or something in my ear that just about drove me crazy the whole way to work, but I didn't feel like pulling over and removing gloves and helmet just to scratch. It really is one of the unfortunite things about riding a motorcycle that I haven't found a solution for.

Yesterday I pulled off the road onto the shoulder twice (once on my way to work, once on my way home) to let a tailgater go ahead of me. I've got to trust the driver behind me or I spend more time watching them than I do the road. If I don't trust them, I'll pull off to let them get in front of me where I can more easily watch them and control that space.
Both times it was a young female talking on her phone and not paying enough attention to driving. I wonder if these people just don't care about the lives of the people they share the roads with or they just don't understand the possible consequences of their actions or both.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Yep, the itch thing can really be a problem. Some have found that quickly stopping and then banging your helmet against something solid sometimes helps - and you don't have to take the helmet off either! It may not solve the itch problem but it does give the wearer something else to worry about. :D:D

At least it's not as serious as having a wasp fly into your helmet. That can get extremely exciting.

Regarding the second issue, It seems such folks either don't comprehend the risks they pose and/or simply don't care. It's the old, "it can't happen to me" syndrome I suspect. From a scientific perspective ;), it appears such folks stepped off the assembly line before reaching the common sense station. Very dangerous.

·
Banned
895 Posts
Arion just about nailed it..............I vigorously shift my helmet around in the hope it will shift the itch, & even when l'm cruisin' in the truck ,let alone the 'bike,l will pull over to get people off my tail, they just aggravate me, so as they're not seeing it the way l am, l just let them go & carry on back into my "cruising'" mentality!

·
Registered
244 Posts
My gripe of the day is that I got a parking ticket downtown in San Antonio Texas yesterday when I went to the Mexican Consulate. The parking police printed out on the ticket 'make' "Ducati"
geez what an insult.
$35 on a street with no signage whatsoever prohibiting parking.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My gripe of the day is that I got a parking ticket downtown in San Antonio Texas yesterday when I went to the Mexican Consulate. The parking police printed out on the ticket 'make' "Ducati"
geez what an insult.
Yeah, Ducati parking tickets are $35 minimum. Kawasaki tickets are only $25. You did get screwed.
Most people who try to guess what my bike is guess it's a Ducati. I've heard BMW, Ducati, Aprilia.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
geez what an insult.
I would fight it. Our city has magistrate for such matters.

I just gotta get this off my chest.
Don't you hate it when you're riding along and get an itch under your helmet? It's like having an itch under a cast or in your shoe.
This morning I had a piece of hair or something in my ear that just about drove me crazy the whole way to work, but I didn't feel like pulling over and removing gloves and helmet just to scratch. It really is one of the unfortunite things about riding a motorcycle that I haven't found a solution for.

Yesterday I pulled off the road onto the shoulder twice (once on my way to work, once on my way home) to let a tailgater go ahead of me. I've got to trust the driver behind me or I spend more time watching them than I do the road. If I don't trust them, I'll pull off to let them get in front of me where I can more easily watch them and control that space.
Both times it was a young female talking on her phone and not paying enough attention to driving. I wonder if these people just don't care about the lives of the people they share the roads with or they just don't understand the possible consequences of their actions or both.
I just grab the chin bar and move the helmet up and down.

I increase my following distance if I have a tailgator. That way I don't have to stop short. I also apply brakes when I need to slow down instead of just releasing the throttle.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Todays gripe, a bunch of ****!
I usually enjoy my 15 mile ride to and from work on the two lane country roads lined with trees, fields and farms, Not today though.
Apparently a truck or tractor full of manure was spilling it's load for about a 5 mile stretch. The smell was not at all pleasant but the worse part was dodging the lumps of crap scattered all over the road.
I didn't smell like crap when I got home so I guess I successfully avoided it.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
My gripe is i guess i'll be going to Puerto Rico to live before Christmas... Good thing is i get to buy a bike to ride there..

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
For good or just through the holidays?
At least the weather will be more riding friendly through the winter.
It looks like for good...Just too many business opportunities there. Will be coming back to Cali several times a year,So will keep the Versys to ride when i'm in the states. Will probably pick up a Yamaha FZ-09 in Puerto Rico. It looks like a perfect bike to zip around the island. If not i'll get another Versys. I don't care to live there but the little woman wants to for now so i'll go.:(

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
It looks like for good...Just too many business opportunities there. Will be coming back to Cali several times a year,So will keep the Versys to ride when i'm in the states. Will probably pick up a Yamaha FZ-09 in Puerto Rico. It looks like a perfect bike to zip around the island. If not i'll get another Versys. I don't care to live there but the little woman wants to for now so i'll go.:(
Going to miss you bro! :(

Last time you went over there you didn't post. :thumbdown: :type:

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Going to miss you bro! :(

Last time you went over there you didn't post. :thumbdown: :type:
Joseph - we'll miss you Buddy!

Thanks guys...

MTS... i posted all the time there just no rides or videos..

I'll be over for a couple of months with the business and then i'll get a bike and make some videos of the ride around the island. I'll be on the forum quite abit. Won't be working 7 days a week this time.:D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks guys...

MTS... i posted all the time there just no rides or videos..

I'll be over for a couple of months with the business and then i'll get a bike and make some videos of the ride around the island. I'll be on the forum quite abit. Won't be working 7 days a week this time.:D
Awesome! Good to hear! I'm still working on that project. But some day we'll take a ride Joseph! :thumb:

·
Registered
692 Posts
My gripe of today is the weather is suck and riding is pretty much out. Rain, near freezing temps, and bone chilling breeze. Boo boooo

1 - 20 of 28 Posts