Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Versys 650
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to my new Versys family! :)

I have been an avid scooter rider for many years: Honda Silverwing, Suzuki Burgman, Yamaha Majesty. Even had some Vino's, a Metropolitan, and a PCX 150. Scooters are so much fun, and I love the under seat storage. I ride my brother's Ducati 1100 Multistrada occasionally. Way too much bike for me!

Well, my friend made me a deal on his 2009 Versys 650 that I couldn't refuse. Just put her in the garage yesterday. Can't wait to get her cleaned up, tagged, and on the road.

Thanks in advance for your advice and support! I am sure that I will need you soon! Of course, I hope I can reciprocate as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Vrooming on a 2019 Versys 650
75 Posts
Congrats, the 300 is such a fun machine. And welcome!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome. You should like the 650. I made the same transition a few years ago, from a Burgman 200 (which I still have). I actually prefer riding the Versys now for most things outside of grocery store runs. Scooters are hard to match as grocery haulers. I thought my left hand might suffer confusion (brake vs clutch) but I haven't found this to be the case. The biggest part of the transition was the much higher center of gravity, which makes low speed much more challenging at first. I suggest spending a lot of time in parking lots getting used to handling the Versys at low speed while having the clutch in the friction zone. I've done so much that I can turn tighter now on the Versys than the Burgman. I'm also a big proponent of standing while doing slow speed stuff on the Versys. It allows me to counter-balance the bike much more effectively, as well as making me a lot more visible to cars in parking lots.

Good Luck,

dm

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts
WELCOME aboard!

I'm also a big proponent of standing while doing slow speed stuff on the Versys. It allows me to counter-balance the bike much more effectively, as well as making me a lot more visible to cars in parking lots.
I recommend this TOO!

(y)(y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts