Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're all sickos

image hosting over 10mb

The ramps I had were way too steep, so I used some plywood on an extendable ladder and it worked just fine

I miss the old single motorcycle trailer I had. Some day I'm going to get an enclosed trailer or a toy hauler camper

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see it wasn't a tight fit. No lube or elbow grease to ease it in was needed.
Once I had her in my sights I rammed it right in there

What a topic title! LOL!

have you looked at the shark cage? If I was going to haul frequently I would get one. Way to many fail videos out there when trying to load bikes with makeshift or incorrect ramps for the job.
Never heard of the shark cage, I'll have to look it up

This was only to take it to the dealer. As much as I'd like to take it on trips I can't because I have a 5th wheel non toy hauler so there's no room. And when I go someplace it's always to go camping so bike trips aren't in my immediate future

And I have watched a ton of those fail vids....and learned from them

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I bought one of these from Harbor-Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-capacity-40-inch-x-49-inch-heavy-duty-utility-trailer-with-8-inch-wheels-and-tires-42708.html

I moved the axle rearward when I was trailering my '09 from AZ to Canada, but then moved it back to the stock location, as that had been TOO far back (too much tongue weight). I added a spare wheel, etc, but it COULD use a longer draw-bar.
Very neet setup FastEddie !!!

Any fear that it would tip over ?

LOP

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a trailer when I had my gixxer. You could stand it upright when not in use, which ended up being maybe 6x3 ground space by 8 feet tall. Of course I didn't like the exposure to the elements but it was ridiculously easy to load and strap down

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
...I moved the axle rearward when I was trailering my '09 from AZ to Canada, but then moved it back to the stock location, as that had been TOO far back (too much tongue weight). I added a spare wheel, etc, but it COULD use a longer draw-bar.
I used it w/ the axle moved back to the stock location to tow the GREEN HORNET to Kelowna from near Calgary, three years back. Worked FINE!!!

Very neet setup FastEddie !!!

Any fear that it would tip over ?

LOP
Nope.

IF you want one Phil, head to New York state to the nearest H-F, and get one. Takes a few hours to bolt together, and the two boxes should fit into pretty much anything (they fit inside the Nissan Maxima in the pics, pulling the trailer).

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Nope.

IF you want one Phil, head to New York state to the nearest H-F, and get one. Takes a few hours to bolt together, and the two boxes should fit into pretty much anything (they fit inside the Nissan Maxima in the pics, pulling the trailer).
Very tempting ... Just have to find a way to go true customs ... (so far, I don't have a passeport, a nexus card, or an ''enhanced Provincial Drivers License '')

Thank's Eddie

LOP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts