Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a new rider I check the hourly weather online and stay off the motorcycle if the chance of rain hits 30%. It was such a beautiful day here in CT that I was itching to get out and ride, but father/husband duties tied up my morning. I finally hit the road, fueled up, and about ten minutes into my ride I got caught in a thunderstorm. I pulled into a bank parking lot and waited underneath the drive through for it to pass. (I didn't don my rain gear even though I had it:huh:)
When it stopped I headed back towards home and ran into the same storm..... Now it was dumping hail..... I just continued for the ten minute ride this time. I guess we just have to learn the hard way sometimes....

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I ride dry as well. I have raingear with me for the pop up storms, but if its lookin wet, I stay at home. I ride for pleasure and riding in the rain is not on my list of fun things to do.

Never been caught in hail though, glad your home safe! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I ride dry as well. I have raingear with me for the pop up storms, but if its lookin wet, I stay at home. I ride for pleasure and riding in the rain is not on my list of fun things to do.

Never been caught in hail though, glad your home safe! :cheers:
+1... I have ridin in hail storms and had to stop. But also ride for fun and try to stay dry! :eek: But every once in awhile whamoo your toast! :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts