Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed some oxford heated grips and SW-Motech barkbusters hand gards it's going to be about 45° tomorrow morning can't wait to try it out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just installed some oxford heated grips and SW-Motech barkbusters hand gards it's going to be about 45° tomorrow morning can't wait to try it out
Whoo! I've been eying a set of barkbusters. Just waiting on the money. Looks nice man, should keep your hands nice and toasty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was 44° when I left the house I cranked the grips up to 100%, I have about a 40 minute drive to work halfway there I had to turn them down to about 30% man those things get HOT! The weak point now is just my helmet and my upper body. I think with a taller windshield that would remedy that.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It was 44° when I left the house I cranked the grips up to 100%, I have about a 40 minute drive to work halfway there I had to turn them down to about 30% man those things get HOT! The weak point now is just my helmet and my upper body. I think with a taller windshield that would remedy that.
It's such a nice feeling. I rode to work in 35* weather the day after I installed my Oxfords and it was so nice nothing having frozen hands.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
The hand guards won't do much to keep the wind off your hands or for warmth in my experience. I'm back to riding without hand guards after I removed my Bark-buster Storms due to conflict with Galfer brake lines. Can't feel a difference in comfort or warmth. I'm sure you'll really appreciate the heated grips though.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
The hand guards won't do much to keep the wind off your hands or for warmth in my experience. I'm back to riding without hand guards after I removed my Bark-buster Storms due to conflict with Galfer brake lines.
Personally I'd remove the Galfer brake lines before the BarkBusters, but then I don't use mine for warmth I put them on for protection. Everyone is different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts