Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work that fateful day, when suddenly I experienced some loss power... I quickly stopped and noticed that the petrol was pouring down from beneath the tank. I panicked little bit but quickly switched off my bike and the pouring stop

Lucky for me I was not that far from home and it was still early morning, called up my brother who later came with his bike.. With the help of a friend via handphone, we follow his instructions and took off the tank to check the hose connection beneath the tank.

It was actually the connection!! We put it back in position and made sure the clip is well inserted this time. Switch on; bravo... no petrol pouring from the hose anymore..

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Wow! Glad you got it fixed and no one got hurt! I see the clip in the photo. Do you have to take the tank off the bike to get to that clip? :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
Funny how the clip got lose , a lot of rides have broken the clip trying to remove the tank. BTW -good no damage and your fine.:thumb:

:cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Few days before the incident, I did send my bike for regular service.. did all necessary including changing the airfilter. Certainly the hose was not properly clipped into by the mechanic and caused the leaking.. Not angry at all at the mechanic who is also my friend and an experience adv rider too.. guess'd he must really2 forgot to make sure the hose is properly clipped. Most important, all is safe and good experience for newbie like me..

Yes, I had to lift up the tank before taking the photo. I did not actually pulled out the tank totally, I just lifted it up and put something (piece of small plank) to hold the tank, so that my hand can go thru beneath the tank. Yes Bro. Fastoman, the clip may be easily broken if we force the tank up when pulling it out.

I also made sure the area beneath the tank had dried up before cranking the engine again.

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts