Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I made my fender extender from a spare front fender off my 2001 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.
I cut 8" off the back side of the fender, and it mates up to the Versys great.( I think)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
sweet! I ordered a fender extender on ebay a while back for right around $30 I do believe...I ordered it from somewhere oversees. Its black, however it looks good with the red fender in my opinion! Now just looking for handguards...

·
Registered
63 Posts
kup1236,

Now all you need is nail polish to match the color of your fender to paint the screws so they blend in---just a thought.

·
Registered
720 Posts
24usd is cheap. The same thing costs 32usd in Malaysia.

·
Registered
720 Posts
By the way if anyone of you had these fender extender, do keep an eye on the fender sides around the fork. I discovered mine developing cracks and a friend remarked that the added surface area of the extender acted as a sail and added some pressure to the fender mounting to flex,hence the plastics cracked.

Had the cracks patched up using some fibre mats from inside and i hope it will hold. If the fender broke off, then I'll replace it with a 1st gen fender. Meanwhile that friend of mine bolted an iron bar from the caliper mounting to the rear side of the fender to ensure no flex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts