Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had some time to do some modding on the versys. Started with new chain and sprockets. The original had 20 k on it and I am getting ready for a trip to New Orleans and didn't want to take any chances.

Second was to adjust the suspension. Finally! What a difference a few turns of a socket can make. Rear preload is sat at 6. The front damping screw about 1.5 turns and front damping is 3 turns out from full seated. Man. This is what this bike is supposed to feel like.

Third was painting the windscreen black. That looks great in my opinion.

Fourth was mounting my new to me soft saddlebags in anticipation of my trip. Picked up these from a different forum for a great price. In think they will serve me fine.

I love days like this!

[/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely had to harden. I am 6'3 250 so in my world I dont lighten any suspension.

It really made the bike feel much more stable, planted. and all in all a better ride.

Dont be afraid to do it. I just wrote everything down on a sheet of paper before I started to know where it was . That way if I screwed it up, I could at least get it back to where I started.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Second was to adjust the suspension. Finally! What a difference a few turns of a socket can make. Rear preload is sat at 6. The front damping screw about 1.5 turns and front damping is 3 turns out from full seated. Man. This is what this bike is supposed to feel like.
I'm afraid i dont quite understand the bolded part. So the damping now is 1.5 or 3 turns out?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Front rebound damping is at 1.5 turns out, and front spring preload is at 3 turns out.... I would go with about 3/4 turn out on front rebound damping.
Rear preload at 4th position from softest should be sufficient, depending on your weight and saddlebag payload..

·
Registered
688 Posts
Glad you had a great day like that. I love when I get a chance to spend a few hours working on my V. You get a real sense of accomplishment that we don't always get in our daily paying jobs.

Have fun on your trip and let us know how it goes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts