Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

as promised, here´s VeeVee´s first couple of pics.
On it´s first week had run 900km so far with one semi-sintetic oil + filter exchange, will be doing another at around 1000km. I never had any braking spongy feeling as the brake lines were installed at 0km. In fact it brakes really well, one finger touch!

Pushed it a few times up to 8000rpm on the highway, as it has been asking for this the all time!

I always had in my mind that gold looks good on black (as per old cafe racer triumph bikes). So here it is (sorry the bike´s not that clean)

Extras added so far:

- skid guards (here we call them mushrooms lol)
- 8mm reflective gold rim stripes
- golden engine bolt kit and golden rear sprocket nuts
- hel steel brake lines carbon look plus golden conectors
- mikes grilles radiator cover gold anodised (bad fitting on wires but will try to improve)
- skidmarx rear huger
- givi gear selector shoe protector
- 12 volt car adapter outlet
- givi 2010 versys windshield
- shad top rack + s49 case

Will be fitting tomorrow:

- motowerk lowering pegs and mirror extenders
- clifford alarm thatcham class one

So for the time being that´s it!

Rgds

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
are you planing to outfarkle everybody ??
j/k now that mackdaddys kow is sold the position is open,go for it:topsecret::D

in another post i advised you not to over farkle the bike till you are sure you gonna keep it ,the best plan is to farkle little by little and ride more by more cause you gonna get bored easily when all mods are done...roads will be always open though to discover vesrahs true nature;)
my 2 cents

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you planing to outfarkle everybody ??
j/k now that mackdaddys kow is sold the position is open,go for it:topsecret::D

in another post i advised you not to over farkle the bike till you are sure you gonna keep it ,the best plan is to farkle little by little and ride more by more cause you gonna get bored easily when all mods are done...roads will be always open though to discover vesrahs true nature;)
my 2 cents
Ahahahahah

if any I will outfarkle myself lololol

I doubt I will be bored. This is the first bike I have in a long time. My aim with anything is to study it carefully for a few months, then when I buy I keep it for years. This one I surely will, unless a killer deal comes along (a multistrada for 7k euros ?? doubt it!) or unless it brakes down, which I doubt will happen.

Oh.. and I don´t get bored easily, money comes hard and the sense of victory over hard earned money does not allow for boredom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any chance you could pull your bike out in the light and get some better pics of the Givi screen? I would like to see the height/width and angle if it's not too much of a bother.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any chance you could pull your bike out in the light and get some better pics of the Givi screen? I would like to see the height/width and angle if it's not too much of a bother.
I will during the weekend and after a bit of cleanup, no bother at all!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
+1 on the gold bolts. Where did they come from.
Got them at
http://www.bikedevils.com/

search field enter "versys"

they are also on ebay.co.uk , if you search for "bikedevils" or for "versys sprockets"

If you email tell them they were recommended by half crazy portuguese guy.. maybe I´ll get a discount on a future order lolol

Don´t know if you are lucky on the green ones though... but you can always go.. purple! hehehehe

they also have a oil filler cap, got the zx-9r oil cap out of shop mistake but is being swapped for the right one.

On other post for the fokes wishing to get a lighter versys (the modded versys cafe racer black?) if you swap the factory sprockets and bolts for these you will save a bit more (ok, maybe 200 grams, but if that´s your scene every ounce counts, right?)

rgds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts