Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I splurged and put the muzzy full stainless megaphone system on my V.
Got it all for about $400 after shipping from Indy Super Bikes.
The sound is a bit loud, but boy does she purrrrrr...

·
Registered
86 Posts
That looks great. You gotta love a Muzzy on a Kawasaki!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Great looking ride. What did you paint the plastic and the rear sub-frame with? I like the look............

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking ride. What did you paint the plastic and the rear sub-frame with? I like the look............
I did it totally with rattle can spray paint.

PLASTIC:
Krylon Fusion (it's made especially for plastic) - Satin Black

TRELLIS SUB-FRAME:
Rustolium - Sunrise Red

Make sure you do a decent prep before you paint.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got the Muzzy on mine- I am running the race core:) I love the throatyness of it, and if your not wrist happy its not too obnoxious!! HEHEHE

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks good, I like the naked look without the lower covers too.

What has changed in the way it runs? I know very little about Dyno mapping and the effect different muffrlers have on a particular bike. Was it plug and play or was there any adjusting that needed to be done?

It looks lite compaired to the stock muffler, any noticable difference in the handeling? I know Kawi says the muffler adds wieght to help lower the CofG.

I'm just wondering, like I said I don't know much about trading out exhaust systems, but I sure like the look of that set up.

pmac

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your bike sure looks good great job. One question did the lack of a cross over pipe in the headers affect the mid range much?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I yet to get a Power-commander and tune it yet, so I can't really comment on power yet, other than it seems to pull harder in the mid-top to top end.

As far as handling, I can't tell a difference. Yes, the muzzy can is much lighter, but I weigh 270lbs and am 6'4", so that might soak up any small change on the bike. Let's just say I didn't have any trouble flying down gravel roads at 40-60mph the other day..... see the pics on this ADV rider thread....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368848&page=43

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the Muzzy on mine- I am running the race core:) I love the throatyness of it, and if your not wrist happy its not too obnoxious!! HEHEHE
I've been thinking about getting the race core to try it out. Does it make any noticeable change in performance?

·
Registered
577 Posts
..."a bit louder"

that's funny. Muzzy is known for making their exhausts QUITE a bit louder.
but yea, it does look tite!!! enjoy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've been thinking about getting the race core to try it out. Does it make any noticeable change in performance?
My butt dyno says yes!!HEHE But probably not a huge diff. I seem to have a problem with the looseness of the right grip though! It keeps moving back and forth when im on it causing a WHOOPASS-WHOOPASS sound HEHEH:D

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Wow... I don't know how you can put up with all that carnage. I found my stock Muzzy header and silencer to be way too loud, and added a domed baffle plate to the core. It worked well, but I am now cutting off the Mickey Mouse silencer to weld on a $63 #10414 Magnaflow satin stainless steel 4" round body, 14" long, 2" in/out with 2.5" core onto my Muzzy muffler mount after cutting it off, with a Yoshimura outlet #TEC-SD2 . (Muzzy header's collector and muffler inlet is 2" OD.) Also available in polished stainless steel...
http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=10414

[

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow... I don't know how you can put up with all that carnage. I found my stock Muzzy header and silencer to be way too loud, and added a domed baffle plate to the core.
LOL, Maybe it's the fact that I've grown up a musician, playing trombone, baritone, and bass guitar. I've been around loud sounds most of my life and am quite well acclimated to them. I sometimes wonder if I've already lost some of my hearing. If I were to have to blame one thing more than the other, it would be marching band back when I was in high school. Friggin quads and snares right behind my head!

In addition, living in retirement capital of the world, I'm willing to put up with a little extra rumble if it means some old geezer notices me rather than running me over. I am a registered nurse, and I see the following scenario all the time: 90 year old, demented, she doesn't even know what city she is in half the time, or what year it is, and yet she still has a drivers license! Scary, isn't it? And if that isn't enough... to compound things... many of the elderly down here drink alcohol like it's going out of style, and some even wash their narcotic prescriptions down with a few drinks and get out on the road. It seems to be the Florida lifestyle, haha.

Makes you wonder why I even ride at all? Maybe I'm slightly insaine?

The very first mod I did to the bike was replacing the crappy stock horn with a self-contained air-horn. Money well spent right there.

Something that stuck with me like glue, from my MSF course, "Ride like you're invisible... because you pretty much are." That statement is so true.

Okay, sorry guys, this post got really long really quick., I'll shut my pie hole for a while.

·
Registered
577 Posts
sub-group

..nurses on Versys!.....good to hear your take on the geri's behind the wheel out there. I sometimes wonder who is having anti-cholinergic side effects when they're merging :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's funny, I see from your profile you're a psych nurse. I don't know how you do it man. I could never do psych. I just had a pt with some nutty psych issues today, and I swear, she was making me loony tunes by the end of my shift.

On another loosely related note... have you seen the slogan....
"Ever notice, there aren't ever any motorcycles parked outside the psychiatrists office."?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Riding bikes cures most anything.

But I still need to hear it. Just how loud is it???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts