Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
I got the Muzzy header and muffler when my Versys was new. It was very loud and brash, but a bit better after I added a welded on domed baffle plate to the muffler's straight-flow core... Muzzy header has a larger 2" OD collector, so I cut the ugly megaphone muffler flush at the elbow, and welded on a brushed stainless steel Magnaflow round 14" long 2" in/out, 2-1/2" core silencer with a welded stainless steel Yoshimura TEC-SD2 1-7/16" ID low volume insert outlet. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
I got the Muzzy header and muffler when my Versys was new. It was very loud and brash, but a bit better after I added a welded on domed baffle plate to the muffler's straight-flow core... Muzzy header has a larger 2" collector, so I cut the ugly megaphone muffler flush at the elbow, and welded on a brushed stainless steel Magnaflow round 14" long 2" in/out, 2-1/2" core silencer with a welded stainless steel Yoshimura TEC-SD2 1-5/16" ID quiet insert outlet. :thumb:
some pictures will justify your good mod work on the Muzzy.

:cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Muzzy header and megaphone and love the sound. this spring was the first time I'd taken the bike back to the dealer for tires and everyone there thought it sounded great. I'd buy it again thats for sure.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Over on the UK Versys site, one member refers to the Muzzy as "the loudest and most obnoxious of the lot"

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
When your cruising it is rather mellow. still not as loud as several of the Harleys around me in the same pitch and tone range. I need to get/make a forestry approved Spark arrester to be able to access some of the fire roads around me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! We'll give you bonus points if you post up a video of it running and tell us details about the setup.

please, please, please....:)
Sorry been really really busy...

Damn, meant to do that while it was on the Dyno last night. Muzzy Full System, PCV/AutoTune, No Secondary Butterflies, De=-Snorkled Airbox. The numbers are not accurate, its a very grumpy dyno, BUT the Torque holds solid all the way across to 8g before it starts to go down. Running a 16T/44T and about to switch to 16T/42T sprocket because of the solid torque all the way across. I still don't have a spark arrester and have already been given a warning for not having one as I was getting ready to pull into one area near by.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts