Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the muzzy on last night. Thought I might have to remove the wheel to get OEM off-But after exhaust jits tire you should have enough room to twist the oem pipe upside down a bit which allows it to slip right off. You do however have to remove the right side bracket for the foot brake/peg to remove the long muffler bolt.The Muzzy slips right on no probs. Im no ace mechanic-but it probably took a half hour to do the swap, maybe 45min if i count the looking at deciding how anxious i was stressing if i had to take off the wheel or not!!. This should be similar to any exhaust system removal of the oem.BTW-The Muzzy is LOUD- when you grap a handfull anyway. If you short shift and don't rev it too much its pretty mellow. But when you grab yourself a handfull-Wow. I also have the race core to try(for closed couse only- yeah right) My neighbor with the loud ass harley w/straights is gonna get an earfull. At least I dont leave at 6am in the morn!!:grinangel:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
LOL! Are you serious? It's not loud enough already and you're gonna run it with a race core? Wow... I added a domed baffle plate to my core, and I also have the header. It's a bit hard to get the core back in without having the fiberglass packing snagging on the 'Muzzy' plaque rivets tips which I had to ground down a bit.
I wonder what that race core looks like.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I didnt say I was going to run it all the time! But I gotta see how loud it is!! The only difference I can see is that the internal cor/Perorated pipe is about 1/5'' larger diameter.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK- Put the race core in yesterday and WOW It sounds awsome-Definitely louder But so much more throaty. Not quite harley loud but i am noticed. The std muzzy core I can barely hear as i zip down the hwy at speed- The race core I defineitly hear all the time.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you loosen the manifold nuts ( 4 x 14mm ) the exhaust drops down enough to pull the OEM silencer off easily .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts