Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Managed to get a Kawasaki Versys Mushroom kit but fitting is confusing. The "instructions" are just diagrams. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated to a new owner(and biker after 30 years!)
Looking at the right hand side it looks as though I have to replace the engine bracket and the engine bolt to fit the two new brackets? Does the enginr need to be supported if this is the case? Help !

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess You already have figured out by know... but for others. Just fitted my mushrooms and NO no need for engine support. Yes, You are right in Your other assumptions. Good luck (ooh they look nice on don't they?) :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
whast the heck are you talking about ???? what is a Mushroom Kit??/

I'm from Sweden, having hard to understand your "not my schoolbook English" :eek: Imagine me looking for "rear inner fender"... after a while I found out... "Hugger"... ok that is of course what I was looking for ;) I can tell Ya what we call "frame sliders/mushrooms" in Sweden, "krasch pucks" (freely translated) he he

·
Registered
451 Posts

I'm from Sweden, having hard to understand your "not my schoolbook English" :eek: Imagine me looking for "rear inner fender"... after a while I found out... "Hugger"... ok that is of course what I was looking for ;) I can tell Ya what we call "frame sliders/mushrooms" in Sweden, "krasch pucks" (freely translated) he he
WOW i like thoses...where can i get?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's original Kawasaki stuff, when we buy a Kawasaki "over here" we get one tenth (1/10) of the price in Kawasaki stuff (or sometimes other stuff from the bike stor) I ordered this; lime-green rim stripes, vario vindshield, packet holder, some cover over gaswirering, kawasaki gloves, tank protector, sports mirror for ER-6 and bobbins :) Look for the stuff on here http://www.kawasaki.se/product.asp?Id=340445DF773&Sub=5

·
Registered
451 Posts
how can i buy? i dont understand the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did figure it out in the end, thanks. There was a waiting list for these here in England but it may be ok now. Apparently there was a lot of discussion in Kawasaki on whether there was less damage with out them. As most falls are from a stand still it is better to have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts