Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying the VERSYS, but I have one major draw back/question. I am 6' 6" and weigh 250 lbs, and my girl weighs 125. My question is to wether or not the VERSYS can handle the two of us on it. I'm worried about the 650 cc's. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 6'2" weigh 205 and wife weighs 170. This bike still hauls with both of us on including full bags and trunk. You have to look past the 650cc and realize this is a fuel injected power maker. Just take a look at it's specs.
63 hp (47 kW) @ 8,000 rpm
Engine Displacement to Weight (cc) 1.63
Torque (Ft Lbs) 44.9
Torque (Nm) 60.9
Torque RPM 6800

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm 6'5" 235lbs. My 6'2" 160lb wife and I were out for a couple hours yesterday. Power was NO issue at any point... we were taking hard winding turns and had no lack ow oomph to stand it back up. I believe the load limit is just shy of 400lbs though.... sigh.. It was all good.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I am 300 6'2" and have people on back all the time and trust me I can easily make freeway speeds no problem even on acceleration just turn and burn

·
Registered
213 Posts
Me and my wife are both bigger than you and your wife and we don't have any problems, i just don't like to ride 2 up so i don't do it much.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't let your wife see this thread, she might cut you off for a while. :joke:

"Honey does the V make my ass look big?" :eek:
"No dear, your ass does that all on its own." :D

Although any bike with a narrow pillion will make its occupant's ass look big. V included.

Returning to the topic at hand, I'm 165-ish and the fiance, uh, let's just say outweighs me. (I honestly don't know how much.) With both of us all geared up, the bike doesn't seem to want for power, but the chassis and suspension seem a bit overwhelmed. I probably need to mess with settings a bit, and am also probably a bit paranoid. Haven't ridden too many miles with a passenger yet, but I was much more at ease on my Virago 250 with a guy about my size on the back. That bike is a lot more low-speed stable, though.

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Was that Abraham L, the great American president. Cant believe he had the same problems too or was it America's :topsecret::D

:cheers:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well I'm 170lbs and my wife is 120. I definitely notice less power with her on but at the same time I'm afraid of throwing her off if I give it too much gas. She doesn't always hold on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well I'm 170lbs and my wife is 120. I definitely notice less power with her on but at the same time I'm afraid of throwing her off if I give it too much gas. She doesn't always hold on.
Can I follow you around with a video camera? This sounds like a youtube classic in the making.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts