Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a lead off my dirtbikes I had a scrap of 1/8" neoprene/rubber material and cut it up to work as a mud flap. There's room inside the battery box for a couple of small-head machine screws. I used another piece of neoprene mousepad between the bolt heads and the battery as a cushion.

There's a nice little angle to the back of the box that keeps the flap more to the swingarm and less to the tire, and the tire rotation keeps it where it's supposed to be if it gets to flapping. The rubber isn't too floppy, just the right amount of rigidity to keep it in place. Got a few hundred miles on it - works good by the way. ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now you need to get it dirty to see how well it works:)

How rigid is the material you used? Similar to a cheapo mudflap available at my local Chinamart?
Cheapo mudflaps are usually vinyl or plastic. I used industrial grade epdm(?) neoprene rubber. It's really tough stuff.

My fear would be if stuffed with mud or wedged a huge stone in there it could tear out the bottom of the battery box. Hell, the whole under-seat pan there is molded plastic. :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's super cool Nytrydr. How about some bigger pics? A template for the mount would sure earn you my and probably others appreciation and eternal gratitude. It looks like you used a fender, is it? I can't tell for sure the pics too small. If so what kind?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool.
Would like to see the front, your pic link is dead.

I used a salvaged front fender and cut the end off it to make the front extender. The fenda-extenda is nice, but $42? When you can make it for basically zero cost?

·
Registered
10 Posts

I had an old rear feneder part from a KTM 520 sitting around my garage, so I made up an aluminum bracket, bolted it on to the bottom shock bolt and it works fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts