Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody installed this slip on? Got mine yesterday, and in looking it over, I noticed a threaded hole(about 5/8") in the link pipe. I'm pretty sure it's for the Euro-spec oxygen sensor not required on US models. Can someone tell me how it should be plugged? I've e-mailed the company in England, but don't know when a reply will be forthcoming. It's a beautiful set, but contains no instructions. No sense starting to install until I can deal with the hole. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard back from MTC. They apologized for sending a euro-spec link pipe which requires an 02 sensor port. The remedy is an 02 sensor plug from Drag Specialties for $5. Problem solved!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my MTC its a great exhaust, done about 10k on it. It really improves the mid range, so much so that the bike responds in 2nd gear with a 16T the same as it does with the standard pipe on a 15T. However there is a noticable lack of top end power, Im happy to have the mid range as I dont tend to take the V over 8k as the power/torque just tails off too much to make it worth while.

With the baffle out its nice and loud as well. Fuel economy will drop a few though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts