Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the first things I did for my new-to-me Versys was have Don Weber @ Mr. Ed's in Albany OR rebuild the seat to fit my fat butt. He basically cut the factory pad down to the pan and rebuild it w/ high density re-bond and secret sauce. Don is a master craftsman that loves his work, and spending the day with him is always a great time. The seat is bang-on, and my first real ride in nearly 2 years was an effortless 100-miler. I was tired, but the seat was good for many more miles. If yer thinking about a seat and will be out in Oregon, look him up.

Turned out nice, dinnit?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/skewtdewd08/3_zpsf0e515cc.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
:welcome: Nice Seat..

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Looks great Red! :thumb:

The biggest thing on this seat thing is to get rid of the forward slope. Otherwise the V's seat wouldn't be that bad. :eek:

Why they put forward slope who knows? :confused:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks very nice. Didn't realize there was anybody close that did custom seats. I probably don't want to know but what was the damage?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts

The biggest thing on this seat thing is to get rid of the forward slope. Otherwise the V's seat wouldn't be that bad. :eek:

I disagree. The forward slope puts me in the sport riding position so I can move through the curves at a nice pace. With a flat seat, I would be sitting on my balls while negotiating the curves. You grip the tank with your knees which keeps you from sliding. It is a sport bike.

If you want to turn it into a cruiser then by all means get a corbin seat, risers, and highway pegs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks very nice. Didn't realize there was anybody close that did custom seats. I probably don't want to know but what was the damage?
$450.00. A pretty good chunk of dough for certain, but so worth it. Also, in the event it needs "adjustment" later, Don will make it right, and you won't hear a bunch of BS about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Factory seats are styled to look good in the showroom. I found the factory slope annoying as my gear was mashing into the tank. It's easier for tall riders to get rid of the slope with some extra foam. Folks with shorter inseams might not have that luxury. For me, this is way mo bettah.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts