Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I'm sure I saw this somewhere here, but searching I've come up empty. I changed my rear sprocket to a 44t, and would like to use fuelly again- What's the conversion math for mileage on a 44t rear?

:thanx:
Hey goat how do you like the 44t? Do you mind giving a little review? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Invader- Thanks! You can always be relied on for SERIOUSLY detailed responses. Awesome. :thanx:

MTS- I've gotta say I love the 44t. Doing a lot of city driving I found myself shifting an annoying amount during daily commutes. That combined with the fact that she had more oomph off the line than I'd ever realistically use pushed me to switch. I've been very happy. The power profile feels much smoother to me. I almost wonder why they don't come stock. Low and high speeds I feel she runs a lot better for the way I ride. She'll still pop the front up in 1st gear, so it's not as much of a boost killer as I've seen some report. She remains plenty quick for me, with a more 'adult' powercurve, for lack of a better descriptor. :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
MTS- I've gotta say I love the 44t. Doing a lot of city driving I found myself shifting an annoying amount during daily commutes. That combined with the fact that she had more oomph off the line than I'd ever realistically use pushed me to switch. I've been very happy. The power profile feels much smoother to me. I almost wonder why they don't come stock. Low and high speeds I feel she runs a lot better for the way I ride. She'll still pop the front up in 1st gear, so it's not as much of a boost killer as I've seen some report. She remains plenty quick for me, with a more 'adult' powercurve, for lack of a better descriptor. :D
Thanks goat.... my friend Capn Kirk put a 44t on also and loves it. I bought the 44t and have never put it on. I ride trails also and was always concerned about low speed low end. I think I would be fine with 44t. :thumb:

Thank you for your review! MTS

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
...I ride trails also and was always concerned about low speed low end. I think I would be fine with 44t. :thumb:

Thank you for your review! MTS
For trails I think you will NOT like gearing your V up, for the times you get into a 'tight' trail situation where you will then need to slip your clutch.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
For trails I think you will NOT like gearing your V up, for the times you get into a 'tight' trail situation where you will then need to slip your clutch.
Thanks Eddie! Thats what I was thinking? I'll do a little more research, although its not like you can never go back to 46t! :interesting:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Something is (re-curring) between old fast eddie, and invader! Again! :D :yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
Nobody would've understood... 1.045 (45, NOT 54) recurring :confused: What the hell is recurring here, damnit? Invader always ensures that everything is clear.
Something is (re-curring) between old fast eddie, and invader! Again! :D :yeahsmile:
:D

;)

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stock gearing is 15/46... (15/44) / (15/46) = 1.04545454545454
a little clarification please.

Does this mean that :

the distance travelled indicated on the speedo is 1.04545454545454 times actual travelled, or

actual mileage is 1.04545454545454 times distance travelled on the speedo?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
15/44 gearing is 4.54545454545454% taller than stock 15/46 gearing.

With 15/44 gearing, actual mileage covered is about 1.04545454545454 X indicated travelled mileage.

Speedometer then reads about 3% over actual speed instead of about 7.5% over actual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts