Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I don't want to put a top rack on the Versys. I just want to bolt a Givi adapter to the seat.

Anyone done this? Pics? Tips?

·
Registered
774 Posts
You obviously don't know how many hot chicks are going to want to ride two up when they see a Versys.:joke:

·
Registered
293 Posts
You obviously don't know how many hot chicks are going to want to ride two up when they see a Versys.:joke:
It doesnt matter what kind of bike you have.. if it has only 2 wheels and seems dangerous, you win.

As a side note to the 2up comment, My girlfriend hated riding on the Versys until I got the givi topcase setup. Now she feels more confident that she wont fall off and can even put some pressure on it like a backrest.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did exactly that to my Ninja 250r. It was easier on that bike because of the two peice seat, but should work on the Versys. My advice would be to start with a donor used seat if you can find one for a good price. Here's a link to my Ninja project:

http://www.newninja.com/forums/f98/luggage-project-4849.html
Very nice! IIRC somebody even manufactures pillion seat racks for a few sport bikes with 2-piece seats.

I'm thinking of pulling back the cover, trimming foam, drilling holes, then taking it to an upholstery shop to reshape and secure the cover.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You did a fantastic job on the Ninja! It looks superb! :thumb::thumb::thumb:
:thanx:

Thanks. I was really happy with the set up. I wish I could have done that on the Versys, as the Givi box on the rack really sticks way out and high on the Versys., Also, if I did that on the Versys, I'd have a hard time swinging my short leg over!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I could have done that on the Versys, as the Givi box on the rack really sticks way out and high on the Versys., Also, if I did that on the Versys, I'd have a hard time swinging my short leg over!
I've only had the Versys since mid-December but there have been times I was happy to not have a top box way up and back there that far. I had a top box on my last bike most of the time, but windy days were nicer without it. I gotta believe it would have been less of an issue if it were in the pillion position.

Mounting the bike with a box on the back seat shouldn't be hard if you step on the left peg with your left foot, then step over with the right. At least that works for me when I have a bag strapped to the pillion seat. It's easier for me than just throwing a leg over the bike even when the back seat is empty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts