Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what these brackets go to on my 2012 Versys 650. I would like to mount some aux lights and am trying to figure out if I can use these as anchors for lights. If any one knows what they are there for or has pictures of lights mounted there could you attach them? In the attachment, the hole to the bracket that I am referring to is almost right in the center of the picture

I am also looking for ideas for an electric bus (where to put it and what to use) for all the aux items I am slowly adding on to my adventure bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
My first guess is that those holes would be for an assembly fixture & no longer serve any purpose. I say bend a piece of 10ga sheet metal into your mounting brackets and smile:thumb:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I bolted a short strip of metal and my double sound blasters mounted on it, on each side.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The hole in the center of that bracket is where the hook went when your bike was being manufactured. The frame is transported within the factory suspended from overhead. When the frame goes through the paint booth it is hanging from that hole and matching ones near the rear of the frame.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
My first guess is that those holes would be for an assembly fixture & no longer serve any purpose. I say bend a piece of 10ga sheet metal into your mounting brackets and smile:thumb:)
:thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

For my bus I use a Fuzeblock under the seat where the toolkit used to be. Easy to understand, install and use.
Me TOO!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
For the Fuze Block I noticed you have 15 amp fuses in there. I was reading on their site and I thought they limited it to 10 amps. Do they have different models for accessories that need more than 10 amps, or did you just put those in there? I use heated gear, is why I'm asking. The Fuse block site says they limit the device to 30 AMPs.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Just looking at it I think that's a reinforcing gusset to add strength to the frame. While bolting to it's not bad I would not drill the hole out.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Do you have pix? What are double sound blasters?
twin tone honks. this is what i have for now, I'll get another pic with the metal strip when i get back home later, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mounts

I removed the front lower fairing bolt and used a longer bolt with a spacer. I also have a extra fuss box under the seat.

Cb

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
For the Fuze Block I noticed you have 15 amp fuses in there. I was reading on their site and I thought they limited it to 10 amps. Do they have different models for accessories that need more than 10 amps, or did you just put those in there? I use heated gear, is why I'm asking. The Fuse block site says they limit the device to 30 AMPs.
The 15 amp is for my Stebel Nautilus horn (and that's a spare 15 beside it).

Just looking at it I think that's a reinforcing gusset to add strength to the frame. While bolting to it's not bad I would not drill the hole out.
My fuzeblocks are bolted through the PLASTIC, NOT metal. On this one (my '08) I used 4 bolts, the forward 2 thru a 1" wood spacer; but for my '09 I only used 2 bolts, thru the rearmost holes, again into the plastic, with 'Nylock' nuts in all 6.

:yeahsmile:

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
...I use heated gear, is why I'm asking. The Fuse block site says they limit the device to 30 AMPs.
Without removing my seat (and saddlebags, etc) I can't say for sure, but the 5 and 10 amp spares in there lead me to believe it's one of those for my Tourmaster heated jacket liner (which gets used quite a bit), NOT another 15.

The horn WILL blow a 10 amp fuse when you give it a longer blast, but the LED lights draw maybe 2 or 3 amps, the heated stuff less than 10, so - MAYBE 28 amps MAX with those on and I blow the horn for more than a 'beep'.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts