·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for sharing your ride. Nice pictures.:thumb:
How was the V handling the rough roads.

:cheers:
Running PR2s.

Speeds ranged from nearly walking on damp dirt to about 40 on the extra good gravel. Squirrely in the mud, fine when dry. Front end protested in stretches with loose larger gravel...slowed way down and you could hear the rocks go pop, bing, pop as they were flicked around by the front tire. Always entertaining. Had a ball.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great pics, thanks. I'll be in SW WV tomorrow myself. First time ever. Looked at RT 3 on the map and couldn't find a straight stretch anywhere on it so thats the one I picked. Will be at New River Gorge bridge in the PM.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice shots! Where in MI did you grow up?

I'm sure they make them other places, but we have a plant that makes those wind turbine blades out here in Brighton, CO. Two blades to a RR flatcar. Pretty big items.

V-Zee

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice shots! Where in MI did you grow up?

I'm sure they make them other places, but we have a plant that makes those wind turbine blades out here in Brighton, CO. Two blades to a RR flatcar. Pretty big items.

V-Zee

Who me? I grew up in WV (where the pics are taken) and will one day die here.

The blades still look big even when mounted on the tower. Straight up from where the Versys was parked:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool pics!:thumb::thumb:

I hope to get back down to WV for the fall colors.
You may be disappointed. The mountains have been so dry that the leaves are just going brown and many are already off. I imagine the color that will develop is in full swing in the high country now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts