Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went over to RPM Cycles today to get a hands on look at the New Motus that is on a US tour at present. Didn't get to ride it but saw a great demo.
Here's my take:

1. Excellent ergonomics as I could actually touch the ground almost flat footed. The seat is a unique design that is narrow between the legs and allows you to be more comfortable at stops but is wider in the back for comfortable riding.

2. Good power to weight at 530 lbs and about 120 hp I believe. Chain drive, but I can live with that.

3. Almost upright riding position with pivoting bars that allow for various riding position.

4. This model had the hard bags and top box with it and I believe they said this was going to be a standard.

5. Good finish overall and I was impressed.

Now the bad part. When pressed for a general price range they were very elusive. I asked if they were going to be in the BMW price range and they said "on the high side of BMW". Well, that put me out of the market.

I forgot my camera, but took phone pictures. Stupid phone. I accidentally deleted them when I tried to upload them. Sorry.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/mst-01.html

I still prefer my Versys.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That bike looks hot! And I don't mean just good looking. Two cylinders and two exhaust pipes immediately in front of both legs. I dunno, just saying.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Any new limited production vehicle will be expensive. You need volume to lower the price. Besides the price. Those exposed pipes scare me. For safety and comfort reasons I believe they need some sort of heat shield. I know they add weight and might distract from the design. But I rather ride with an ugly heat shield then with the heat or worse a burned leg. I don't see how hot air will be directed away of the rider. Maybe a good winter riding feature here in CO :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
They might be double walled...at least here's hoping.
Also I must disagree, I think they have a chance as they are not in the cruiser vein.
Indian was bought out by Polaris so you can bet it will survive and get cheaper.
We can hope that it is different enough, good enough, and because it is American and fits the American penchant for big is better it could develop a following. Harley sells bikes for over $35,000.00 as does several chopper builders so why not Motus? I don't know if I can ever afford one but my mouth is sure watering.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Especially in Arizona

That bike looks hot! And I don't mean just good looking. Two cylinders and two exhaust pipes immediately in front of both legs. I dunno, just saying.
Just what is needed in the Arizona Desert, more heat onto the rider!:goodluck:
May be a nice feature for Alaska?:huh:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked about the exposed exhaust and was informed that production models will have double wall pipes and the outside pipe would be chrome..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is "this economy"? People say that a lot. I don't get it.
Well, this "economy" is the fact that it is bad. Large unemployment, high gas prices, the government is going bankrupt and a lot of folks are just flat broke, unemployed and still have a family to support.

Now if you are employed with money in the bank, love those high gas prices, and are too oblivious to listen to the news, I'm happy for you.

Many, Many others are not so lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts