Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty interested in trying out the Motoz tractionator GPS as the rear tire on my 2013 Versys in the 150/70-17 size. Has anyone around here tried it out yet? A local guy with a tiger wrote a good review for them and they seem to be inline with what I'm looking for from a back tire. What are your guys thoughts? I'm looking at pairing this with a TKC80 120/90-17 front.

·
Registered
639 Posts
What you can judge by the thread and the continuous strip is pretty much the traction you will get (like a heidenau k60 scout, that is, not much).
As for mileage, dunno.
As for the so claimed reversability, I'm not that gullible.

You might want to look at Metzeler Karoo 3 or shinko 805.

Also, careful: a 120/90 wont fit under the front fender unless you mod to raise it. The 120/70 tkc80 is available though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ended up ordering the following last night. Will report how much I like them once I get them mounted and have a couple thousand miles on them. Decided to start with the stock size TKC80 for starters. I may move up to a 120/90-17 after i wear these out to have a back to back comparison for myself.

Front: TKC80 120/70-17
Rear: Motoz Tractionator GPS 150/70-17

-Justin

·
Registered
129 Posts
I talked to a guy at the bike shop last week who had just got back from his trip to Alaska and back to Ottawa Ontario Canada, and he put 18000km (11184.681 miles) on his Motoz Tractionator GPS. The rear was well used but not dead, and the front was probably just over half used. He was getting another set put on as was heading out on another massive trip down south or something. He could not stop raving about the longevity of the tires, and very good handling on all road conditions. I will be putting these on my bike next.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't end up mounting my Motoz Tractionator GPS rear 150/70-17 and TKC80 120/70-17 front until this year. Here is my 6k mile update on tread wear. These have been all over oregon from snow, to mud, gravel, playa, ect. Its a great street combo that happens to do pretty damn well offroad. I think Ill be able to get 10k out of the set. I have notice the wet traction on the rear fall off lately so I'm a bit nervous to push these into the wet winter months here in Portland.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I didn't end up mounting my Motoz Tractionator GPS rear 150/70-17 and TKC80 120/70-17 front until this year. Here is my 6k mile update on tread wear. These have been all over oregon from snow, to mud, gravel, playa, ect. Its a great street combo that happens to do pretty damn well offroad. I think Ill be able to get 10k out of the set. I have notice the wet traction on the rear fall off lately so I'm a bit nervous to push these into the wet winter months here in Portland.
Good to see another Gen 2 ADVersys :smile2: I've always liked the MotoZ since it came out, just haven't gotten over the price tag $$. It looks like the front wear on the TKC is on par with the 2 I've run on my 2011. I'm trying out a Shinko 804 up front right now but with my 19" wheel conversion. As for the rear I've had a K60 and 2 Mitas E07s on. YI liked the E07 better for all around Alaska roads/trails. I'm trying out the Shinko 805 in the rear now as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good to see another Gen 2 ADVersys :smile2: I've always liked the MotoZ since it came out, just haven't gotten over the price tag $$. It looks like the front wear on the TKC is on par with the 2 I've run on my 2011. I'm trying out a Shinko 804 up front right now but with my 19" wheel conversion. As for the rear I've had a K60 and 2 Mitas E07s on. YI liked the E07 better for all around Alaska roads/trails. I'm trying out the Shinko 805 in the rear now as well.
is there a set of instructions about doing a 19" wheel conversion? also did you use the stock rear wheel to use a 150 tire? lastly that's a great looking light bar setup. is it home made?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
is there a set of instructions about doing a 19" wheel conversion? also did you use the stock rear wheel to use a 150 tire? lastly that's a great looking light bar setup. is it home made?
Not any specific set of instructions for the 19" front swap. There are many different ways to make it work. Some swap the front forks and use a VStrom front 19" wheel, bearings, axle, and brakes. I went the route to use the Woody's set up: Excel Rims and Rad Hubs that bolt right up to the stock Versys suspension with no modification but front fender riser brackets. As for the rear wheel (seen in the picture) is also an Excel rim/ Rad Hub set-up.
And lastly YES, the light bar mount is DIY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts