Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else done this install? I ask because the site indicated a need for an l-bracket that attaches at the kickstand mount that prevents the kickstand from closing all the way (by 25mm) to ensure clearance. So after installing my flatfoot I don't see any clearance issues that would warrant the bracket. One less hole to have to drill is fine by me- just wondering if anyone else has run into this. :confused: Love the Motowerks stuff, btw. Put the lowering pegs and flatfoot on today in about 10 mins. Good build quality.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Your Good To Go.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I have one fitted and read somewhere that some bikes need it due to manufacturing tolerences. Mine was second hand and came with the extra bracket but decided to ad a blob of weld to the side stand to keep it clear.

If it is clear without it don't worry.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thanx: The funny part is- my local shop that recently installed some farkles couldn't get the motowerks peg lowering kit to fit. Even though I printed out the instructions for them that SPECIFICALLY warn against a 'backwards' install and demonstrates it. Took me all of 5 minutes. I was careful not to overtighten the provided bolt as it appears that has caused some pegs to crack. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Yours looks a bit closer than mine because you didn't use the lowering kit and shorter kickstand flatfoot. You still look like you have plenty of clearance. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts