Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the Motowerk Lowering Kit. Since it changes the angle of the rear mono shock in relation to the swing arm, Is there any compromise with it's dampening or rebound function? Any noticeable or negative changes in the handling of the Versys? Do the rear suspension settings need to be adjusted to compensate for the change in geometry?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ride it, everyone is different when it comes to advice on suspension, but i dont think you will need any adjustment on the preload or rebound at the rear, from what i can see it increases the steering rake as it dops the rear by 48mm but you cant lower the front by the same amount therefore it will be harder to turn into corners but more stable in a straight line, post up your findings after a few rides.

motowerks should offer a kit that drops the rear buy only as much as the forks can slide up so the bike is lower at both ends by the same amount.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You didn't say anything about it but if you haven't, you need to lower your tripple tree on your forks to level the bike out. Other than that, adjust the spring and dampen to suit your taste, but unless you are an ace race track runner, I doubt you'll notice any difference.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was worried about handling and feel changes too but I am very happy with the the kit. I lowered my front end to the lowest it can go and I think I might raise it back up a bit. Other than that I can't really find a negative side effect for the kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It would have been pretty easy for Motowerk to add additional holes to the top and/or bottom to make it adjustable. I have the kit but it is too low for me and will be taking it off soon to get a more appropriate drop.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.... yes, I did also lower the front forks/triple tree....

·
Registered
40 Posts
The thing I noticed the most was how much more I felt in control of the bike. I put it on after dropping the bike on the right side at a stop sign. The ground sloped down and to the right and the V just leaned a little too far that way. No damage to anything except my pride. It just feels better lowered haven't noticed any change to the handling.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The thing I noticed most was how much easier it was to get the bike off the side stand. I didn't have to wrestle it upright, it didn't feel so darn top heavy. The bike still leans far enough that I'm not worried it will tip over to the right-maybe it's just my V, but I was really concerned how far it leaned over on the side stand from the moment I bought it. Problem fixed.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Drop the front and adjust the damper and spring setting to your ride.

Easy way for lowering the V or go the expensive way by changing the back suspension-http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-278.html

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts