Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just to tell you that the single most effective cost-to-function add ons to veevee were the seat foam mod and the lowering front pegs.
Can´t believe the ride improvement! amazing how a few cms made such a difference! now my leg instead of being higher than the waiste is on a lower level. Leg does not get tired and as a side bonus I feel so much more confidence entering turns (took out the footpeg ground feelers)

Does anyone ever got to the point in turns and twists to ground scrap the footpegs with the lowering kit mounted on ?

rgds

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hi guys

Just to tell you that the single most effective cost-to-function add ons to veevee were the seat foam mod and the lowering front pegs.
Can´t believe the ride improvement! amazing how a few cms made such a difference! now my leg instead of being higher than the waiste is on a lower level. Leg does not get tired and as a side bonus I feel so much more confidence entering turns (took out the footpeg ground feelers)

Does anyone ever got to the point in turns and twists to ground scrap the footpegs with the lowering kit mounted on ?

rgds
Yea, I have dragged the peg feelers through turns.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seat foam mod...can you elaborate please?
Sure

For the time being spending money on a new seat is out of the question.

So I found in the city a guy that is experienced in modding motorcycle seats (no gel). So he inserted a square bit of harder foam in the nut area replacing similar bit of the original foam, sculped it a bit and also took a slice of about 1cm from the mid to back area.
Now my nuts don´t hurt anymore, I seat confortably enough and can use the back area if needed (before I could not, as I kept leaning forward)

It took half a morning and 30 euros, so as it stands saved a lot of money

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
oh! really? and if you had no feelers, would you get to the point of scraping the footpegs? also.. is it dangerous to take out the feelers?

The peg feelers are there to give riders an advanced warning that you are about to run out of clearance. It's usually a big problem on bikes that have a center stand, which is usually the next thing that hits the ground and will lever your rear wheel off the ground if you keep pushing.

The thing is that other than the pegs, there is little on the Versys that would hit the ground early. If your suspension is properly setup it's a long ways until anything hard hits the ground. I've had the bike at track days and other than the peg (stock height, without feelers) nothing hits the ground. I have lowering blocks and the clearance is smaller, I never reinstalled the feelers. You will hit the pegs sooner on tight turns, but even with the stock shock, there is still a long way to go.

Gustavo

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
Hi guys

rgds
YUP. Took an advanced riding course and dragged the left peg during it (startled me pretty good, too), and 6 or 7 times since. Haven't dragged a knee though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Scraping a peg where I live is not a very safe thing. The amount of loose gravel on our paved roads makes for not safe turns.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The lowering kit is awesome. I usually had to stretch my legs after an hour or so, now don't need to do it for at least 2.5 to 3 hours. Nice quality piece that installed well and had complete install instructions on their website. Fairly priced and made in the USA. A must have for taller riders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi guys

rgds
Just installed the Moto Werk 1.3mm lower peg blocks & added 1" memory foam between the seat pan and stock foam (doubling up the very front foam so I don't slide forward). Great improvement for 6 footers.

Installed the SW-Motech Crash bars today (very nice fit). I ordered the SW Motech Alu Rack . . . but it will not fit with the OEM side case rack (which incorporates the rear handles).

Anyone need a very nice rear rack (-$20 discount)? http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3906/652/

I'm all set now:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts