Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was. Curious if anyone had tried or has used the motowerk Anti-Vibration Handlebar Riser for Kawasaki Versys?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I have them. For me its a great improvement.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
I'm 6'2" also. I pulled the bars back towards me and really like the position. I have some video with the camera mounted to the bars and as you'll see no vibes while filming. I had some photos and deleted them I'll go pull the bike out of the garage and snap a few and post for you

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Heres a few photos. I have the Baldwin Seat and it gives an extra inch over stock to sit back. As you can see from the one photo i have my bars alittle lower than normal but it fits me well.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
weljo2001:
I was looking at the pics on your sig link and wanted to know is that a camera attached to your front fork or am i imagining things:confused:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Yep its a camera. I like it there the best. Its out of the way and no vibration.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Works well as a riser, not so good for anti-vibes. At least that was my experience. I found heavier bar ends to be superior, and less expensive.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't believe that the anti-vibe plate can be added. It is an intricate machined addition that cannot be done in the normal home garage. But Speedy offers a trade in allowance on the old Motowerk riser. Check it out!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I bought Pismo's Anti-vibe riser. I like the position (also modded the seat for higher/further back) and feel like it does help out with the Vibes. I am running the KTM handguards with no end weights and it seems pretty nice. No coffee cup holder.
There is a little bit of movement between the plates on the riser, I guess this is the anti-vibe aspect. Maybe I'm imagining this, but it seems steering accuracy is down a touch?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Got my speedy anti vibe riser the otherday all the way from US to Australia in about 7 days.
Rode the bike for the first time today and the product does reduce vibes, i would say 50% would be a fair reduction.
Its a bit strange at first you can feel the bike vibes thought the pegs etc but the bars are almost vibe free.
I also got the lower peg kits for both, the bars are now closer with less vibes and my legs are not as bent, its alot better riding position and can now push all the way back on the seat and no be so streched out.
The set up has added a bit more flexability in the seating position i am about 5,9.

Next is a fix for the crappy suspension front and rear hopefully this week.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I need new bars anyway, and the low position is ergonomically difficult to manipulate the bike safely at low speeds changing directions rapidly. If Joe is selling it, I'm SOLD!

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
I need new bars anyway, and the low position is ergonomically difficult to manipulate the bike safely at low speeds changing directions rapidly. If Joe is selling it, I'm SOLD!
I put ROX Risers (2") on both my Vs. They allow you to move the bars fore and aft, as well as the 2" rise, and are GREAT when standing on the 'pegs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I put ROK Risers (2") on both my Vs. They allow you to move the bars fore and aft, as well as the 2" rise, and are GREAT when standing on the 'pegs.
Those would be number 2. I like the custom black Kaw paint and anti-vibration too. PLUS, no cables or hose adjustment (what a hassle!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts