Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice video and he said it can seem 'boring' but I get more comments on my Versys than any bike I've owned (granted owned nothing crazy) but folks seem to be interested in it since not a ton are seen around and the 'Versys' labels are removed on mine. Guy at work thought I was riding a Ducati, guy yesterday asked if it was a BMW.

·
Registered
269 Posts
jesbin & TRZ Charlie: Tell me more about the debadging, did you use just a heat gun and your finger nail? I'd be interested in doing this.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've watched most probably every review video on the Versys and this guy to me described what is so special about all it's attributes. The only thing I was puzzled about was his hang up of styling. I think the new one looks killer! The best video review I think is the PowerDrift one by the Indian guy, very well done.

·
Registered
245 Posts
jesbin & TRZ Charlie: Tell me more about the debadging, did you use just a heat gun and your finger nail? I'd be interested in doing this.

Yes, I used a heat gun. Low setting and just get the graphics really warm and free a corner. Once that corner is free heat about 3" in front of it and then slowly pull the graphic loose. If you start leaving adhesive behind on the paint surface you are pulling the graphic off too quickly. Take your time and don't overheat. I was able to get all of mine off without leaving any residue at all but did have to use my fingernail a fair bit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, I used a heat gun. Low setting and just get the graphics really warm and free a corner. Once that corner is free heat about 3" in front of it and then slowly pull the graphic loose. If you start leaving adhesive behind on the paint surface you are pulling the graphic off too quickly. Take your time and don't overheat. I was able to get all of mine off without leaving any residue at all but did have to use my fingernail a fair bit.
Thanks. I tried this before on my Suzuki bandit and ended up melting some of the painted plastic. :surprise: I'm sure it's easier removing decal on metal.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Nice video and he said it can seem 'boring' but I get more comments on my Versys than any bike I've owned (granted owned nothing crazy) but folks seem to be interested in it since not a ton are seen around and the 'Versys' labels are removed on mine. Guy at work thought I was riding a Ducati, guy yesterday asked if it was a BMW.
I debadged mine and as a result I get all kinds of inquiries. The best was what motorcycle gang to I belong to.
Just goes to show how good the Japanese are at borrowing other's designs instead of coming up with there own successful ones.

The new Vs look just like Triumph Tiger 1050s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the most significant comment he made was towards the end when he said if he was buying something with his own money, he'd go for the Versys above almost anything else. Everything I read about the Versys makes it out to be much greater than the sum of its parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picture without Labels

I was planning on also taking the labels off. Do you have a picture without the kawasaki and Versys labels?

I was thinking about just leaving the Versys Label.

Thank you

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like my Versys a lot. I would like it better if it made 90 hp or was 20kg lighter, but I like it anyway. I sat on the bike and everything fit. I sat on a 1K Versys and things fit a bit better, but it was >$K more and I wasn't even sure that I would still enjoy riding. I bought the cheap bike and am happy I did. I would be happier if it made 90 hp though. My wife is happy that it is dorky enough no hot women will flirt with me, as if they would otherwise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts