Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fighting, and losing, to Bursitis in my elbow I had all I could stand yesterday, it's been two week and I'm going through withdrawals! It was a beautiful day and I needed to make a run to the pet store for a box of millet, a type of grain, for the parrots. SO I said screw it pushed the Versys out, geared up and took off. It’s a 45 mile trip down and I hit Vista Kawasaki to get a plug for the KLR as well. I felt so good I ended up doing well over 100 miles and was out about 3 hours.

I knew I’d paid the price and sure enough I woke up this morning expecting my elbow to be the size of Cleveland BUT it didn’t hurt at all and the swelling had gone down to almost normal. Dang I think I’ll drag the KLR out and repeat today! :thumb:

Funny I had looked at the treatment book the doctor had given me and there are exercises to do. One uses the hand squeeze thing you see the body builders use. If you turn it 90 deg and bolt it to a pipe it looks just like a clutch lever! So I guess I was following doctor’s orders after all! :p

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
You bet they are! After a mere 69 years my left hip has failed (surgery is on the horizon) which makes getting on the V pretty tough -and amusing to watch I imagune - but once aboard I find I have too much fun to notice any pain. Good therapy indeed.

Getting off again is another matter. :eek: Worth it though IMHO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Most of my pain atm resides between my ears, after a few miles on the versys I am brand new again until the next time, alot of rides planned for the summer.

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Therapy

I am a mental health counselor, RN. I have a sticker on my Vs trunk. " For some there's therapy, for the rest of us, there's motorcycles".:exactly:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts