Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for my x-country trip, I need to ship my motorcycle from NYC to San Francisco. Has anyone had a positive/cost-effective experience?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've used JC Motors several times. Lately they contract with Keyboard Motorcycle shippers for the actual shipping. My bikes always arrived in perfect condition. Give yourself plenty of time though. My last shippment was over a month late. According to the JC Motors website that would run you around $765.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At that distance, I don't know how cost effective even the cheapest option will be. Luckily, shipping a bike is significantly cheaper than shipping a car. I've done both with A-1 Auto Transport Inc. and I was pleased with them. Nothing special really, they just did the job right, delivered on time and the prices was where they said it would be. That's really all I look for with all the bad experiences you hear about. Anyway, hope this helps.

Didn't realize this was from 2011. Disregard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In preparation for my x-country trip, I need to ship my motorcycle from NYC to San Francisco. Has anyone had a positive/cost-effective experience?
you really need to shop around!! I shipped a bike to China for 750.00 bucks!! took 4 weeks but worth it.
I will dig for shipper info over the weekend for you.
Woody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts