·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a little something posted up from Kawasaki's website

7/23/2008
KAWASAKI VERSYS™ WINS MOTORCYCLE OF THE YEAR

Four Kawasaki Models Take Home Motorcyclist Magazine Honors

Monterey, Calif. (July 19, 2008)---The esteemed editors at Motorcyclist magazine announced their Motorcycle of the Year (MOTY) selections at Laguna Seca and Kawasaki came away with the most-coveted award. Kawasaki’s recent string of new model introductions paid dividends on Saturday, when four of their latest offerings received awards in Motorcyclist’s 2008 MOTY issue.

The 2008 Versys™ --an amalgam of Versatile and System-- was chosen as the Motorcycle of the Year because of its real-world versatility. This category-busting machine was engineered to perform in a wide-variety of settings, from the daily commute, to cross-country adventures and even at the occasional track day. After sampling the unique charms of this motorcycle, the editors at Motorcyclist had to agree, writing: “The most impressive thing about the Versys is what it can do. That would be just about anything. The Versys has an irrational appeal to anyone who’s tired of coloring inside the same old lines.” In the end, the Versys’ charms were such that Motorcyclist’s final selection process took far less time than it has in prior years, ending with an easy-win for this unique Kawasaki motorcycle.

Not only did the Versys roll away with top honors, Kawasaki motorcycles also brought home three more MOTY awards for 2008. The Concours™ 14’s combination of comfort, power and handling and value earned it Motorcyclist’s “Best Touring Bike” award and the Ninja® 250R scored the “Best Bang for the Buck” honor, thanks to its modern styling, solid performance, overall efficiency and extremely low purchase price. Kawasaki backed-up the Ninja 250R’s Bang for the Buck win by earning the “Alternative Pick” award in that category with its KLR650 dual-purpose machine.

Source: http://www.kawasaki.com/NewsEvents/NewsDetail.aspx?id=778
Glad to see that they made the right choice :D

EDIT: I also just found the pic of the September cover on Motorcyclist's website. Very cool to see.

·
Registered
699 Posts
If the V wasn't selling in some parts of the country, it will now. In other words, if you've been putting off a purchase, you might end having to buy an 09.

·
Registered
440 Posts
And now the secret is out. Everybody here already knew the V was bike of the year!

·
Registered
88 Posts
kawasaki bikes

I was never a Kawasaki guy but when I laid eyes on my black Versys , it was love at first sight...its the best bike I have ever owned and the other 08 Kawasaki models such as the concours look equally impressive........I think Kawaski are making some of the best bikes right now....:)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good!

This is good news, this bike deserves that title without a doubt in my mind.
However... let's hope that this doesn't put the Versys in the "everyone and their moms gotta have one" margin. I love my bike, and I'd have high respect for any other Versys riders, but I don't want it to become the new Ninja in that respect...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I fell in love with this bkie last year before it was close to being available here in the states. It just makes since. Glad to see it getting reconition. I hope it get lots of attention. It needs to stay here a while.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hells yeah!!!
Any thinking person could not have made any other choice. I liked the bike the first time I saw it and thought, wow, that looks like the bike I need, if I can only have one, which is the situation. As an owner for 7300 miles now, the bike only grows on me and I continue to be impressed with it's merits, all over the place, and it's still far from being done...not that the tinkering ever stops, eh?
Congrats Kawi, and thank you for bringing us this machine!!!:clap:
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep, anyone who's ridden it is smitten.

9k and loving every mile!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.