Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KLR and recently bought a nice hydraulic jack to lift it for maintenance, mods and such. I got a Versys a couple of days ago and will need to change the oil soon. I think if i use the jack on my V that i will crush the exhaust or the bike will just fall off as soon as the wheels leave the ground. Has anyone jacked up their V? How did it go? Are there any mods i can make to the jack to lift the V? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Versys Jack

A few days ago, I needed to jack up my 09 V. I ended up tying each side from the handlebar to a solid point about six feet to the side (right and left), blocking the front wheel so it wouldn't roll, removing the lower cowl, placing a small block of wood against the crankcase, then placing the jack under the block.

This worked fine - bike was solid and didn't fall. I've seen some other lifts from a distance, so there must be a better way.

·
Registered
775 Posts
SOme folks around here built some kinda metal doohickeys that ran up to support the footpegs from the jack. If you try it with just the jack you will crush the muffler and it will fall:eek:...I opted for the trex rear stand...Very stable...

·
Registered
959 Posts
theres two types of paddock stands for the rear axle
theres one that have a V shaped end piece that slides onto bobbins botled to the swinging arm (IIRC you need 10mm bobbins)
and
theres the type that terminate in a u channel that fits under the swinging arm.

if you have anything projecting underneath the swinging arm then make certain you get the bobbin type

if you are using a paddock stand and you are on your own then get some timber approximatley 25 mm or 1" thick which you can put under the kickstand to just abut make the bike vertical , then lift the bike on the paddock stand. similarly when getting the bike off the stand make certain the kickstand lands on the timber packer, then once the paddock stand is out of the way remove the packer so the kick stand does what it should.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
This is what I did. I have a lift and with the front wheel secure it works great but don't use it on a free standing bike. You might adapt the idea to mount on your lift.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Here's a fairly extensive thread on the subject.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1629

On page two there's some pictures of an adapter I made for the Harbor freight lift. It works fairly well if you want to lift both the front and back ends together but it took a while to fabricate. I agree that the paddock stands are probably just fine if you just want to lift one end.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
There's also this possibility: UK Versys forum's hr100 of Haifa Israel came up with a frame lift that uses the hollow frame tube behind plastic frame covers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts