Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a MotoCentric MotoTrek rainsuit from Motorcycle Superstore. It cost $42 and seems to be well worth the money, although I have yet to test it in a good rain. It seems to be good quality, the fit is good (I wear XL everything else and ordered XL rainsuit).
My question, and the only thing that bothers me about it is the zipper, it's on the wrong side. Every other jacket I have owned has the zipper pull on the right side (right hand operated pull), this rainsuit has the zipper pull on the left side (left hand operated pull). Anyone know of a reason a rainsuit would have the zipper on the wrong side?
Yes, it is a mens suit.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have a safari shirt like that, which is to say buttons on the left and button holes on the right even though it's a man's shirt. Both must have been made by a left hander or a dyslexic person.

Out of curiosity, where was the suit made?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a safari shirt like that, which is to say buttons on the left and button holes on the right even though it's a man's shirt. Both must have been made by a left hander or a dyslexic person.

Out of curiosity, where was the suit made?
Made in China

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You should be worried more about if it is breathable material. You will die of hot damp spleen disease if it is not breathable material.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Some European designs are also reversed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be worried more about if it is breathable material. You will die of hot damp spleen disease if it is not breathable material.
Nah, it's a sauna suit (I think it's a waterproof nylon shell with mess liner) but they are all sauna suits. For something that will remain in a stuff bag on the bike and be used about 10 hours per year, I'm OK with it.
Even up to the most expensive suits, none of them are real breathable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts