Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a set of the Moto Werk peg lowering kits but am always a little turned off paying 50% of the product price in shipping costs to Canada.

Does anybody know if they have a Canadian supplier?

Is there another half decent peg lowering solution for a 2012 versys that can be found from a Canadian supplier?

Darryl

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looking to pick up a set of the Moto Werk peg lowering kits but am always a little turned off paying 50% of the product price in shipping costs to Canada.

Is there another half decent peg lowering solution for a 2012 versys that can be found from a Canadian supplier?

Darryl
Check out ebay. I saw a set of Z14 cnc machined " lowered" footpegs with free shipping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tony at Blue Streak Racing can help you. He ordered my lowering link from motowerk. It was cheaper than if I ordered directly & paid the shipping.

·
Super Moderator
18,997 Posts

Darryl
I find that quite a few suppliers will mail stuff to you IF you request it, then you're away from that BS "brokerage" charge that UPS always adds!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I find that quite a few suppliers will mail stuff to you IF you request it, then you're away from that BS "brokerage" charge that UPS always adds!
Moto Werk doesn't use UPS at all (so no brokerage charges)- only international mail. Plus gift-wrap and greeting card is free ;) That helps with speedying things up :goodidea:

Speedy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tony at Blue Streak Racing can help you. He ordered my lowering link from motowerk. It was cheaper than if I ordered directly & paid the shipping.
Not sure how because dealers get the same rock bottom price as everybody else on the motowerk website.
Shipping to Canada and abroad is via U.S. priority mail (with tracking required by credit card processing) that charges minimum 1 Lb of weight for every package. So shipping two items that add up to 1Lb costs the same as shipping 1 item that weighs only 5 oz. :usa:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
For canadian ordering from us, usps is THE way to go

The worst, ups
Actualy, for me, a companie that ship only via ups is a deal breaker

And it's so nice to have that greeting card from speedy !!! :eek:

LOP

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure how because dealers get the same rock bottom price as everybody else on the motowerk website.
Shipping to Canada and abroad is via U.S. priority mail (with tracking required by credit card processing) that charges minimum 1 Lb of weight for every package. So shipping two items that add up to 1Lb costs the same as shipping 1 item that weighs only 5 oz. :usa:
Perhaps because Tony maintains a US shipping depot for some of his parts. He then has them brought across the border vs. having suppliers ship directly to Canada.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just ordered from Motowerk (HB risers and pegs lowering kit) and had the product shipped to Rydens.

We are lucky in the Thunder Bay area, I think. We have our US products shipped the Rydens Border store in Minnesota, which is 35 miles from here. This guy does a booming business. He states that he has an average of 1 1/2 trucks (UPS FedEx) of parcels arriving at his store on a daily bases. I was there and saw them arrive, normally about 8 pm.

Charges us $3 per order. Then we normally pick up a few things from his store and fill our gas tanks at his attached station.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts