Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There is a new Unicef campaign to raise money to put 35 more motorcycles in the field to deliver crucial aid to areas that are difficult to reach when roads are damaged or non-existent.
https://www.unicefusa...*

Improve your moto-karma; donate your unassessed speed fines, unused fuel budget, and unneeded farkle fund. Great cause, tax deductible.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That guy is hauling time-critical medical supplies (likely blood). He's a volunteer, they have a foundation that does that and also educates fellow riders and drivers. Mad props to them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
That guy is hauling time-critical medical supplies (likely blood). He's a volunteer, they have a foundation that does that and also educates fellow riders and drivers. Mad props to them.
That guy is also crazy.

Reactions: _Big_Mac_

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sometimes being crazy is necessary to get the job done
In his instance he might find it necessary to use some of those supplies he carries.

I thought they are EMT's, and with the traffic in the cities the work in they can arrive on scene faster than a full truck type ambulance. There is a great deal of portable gear you can carry on a bike these days....but if this is what they do that is cool.

I remember back at the time I flew I transported medical supplies in coolers in my private plane....it was a relay, I would pick up from someone else then fly to another airport and hand them off to another pilot. One of the few things a private pilot can do as it is all a no money exchanged type deal. I have been away from flying for about 20 years now so that could have changed....but it was a cool thing to do and was a good feeling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts