Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got these installed yesterday. Yes - they're a pain to mount compared to the others, but I think they look the best and protect the vital parts I was concerned about...

One complaint others had was the long rod that is used on the lower mount. Most thought it was about 1/4" too short. I think that if you center it properly there's no issue. However, to make life easier, you could just weld the nut on one end and make it into a bolt - then there's no issue and it will leave plenty of threads on one side.

Also, you may have to grind the other nuts a little to fit into the front mounting slots (I think the engine's paint makes it a little tight on some bikes).

As usual, I hope I don't ever need these - but from the zero speed drops I've seen, they're definitely needed...

Oh - someone mentioned that the Motech bars could possibly cause more damage by folding inwards on the radiator during a crash. These things are pretty stout and mounted very rigid... If you wreck hard enough to fold them in - I think you'll have bigger problems to worry about (i.e., bones, skin, cartilage etc). And, they're mounted at three points on each side. Very sturdy...

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Crash Bars

On the SW Mototech crash bars would there be any way to tie the two bars together in the front? How well do they line up left to right?

P.S. My friends don't call them Crash Bars they now call them Terry Bars! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
It may be possible to install a cross bar to tie the two sides in with some custom tubing, but it would be for cosmetics only, as lost84001 mentioned, they're pretty stout. If they did fold in, you'd have bigger issues to worry about like a bent frame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed a set of these when I got my V. I think there plenty stout, but I can't decide if I like the look of them. bete.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Crash Bars

They line up perfectly, but they aren't bent at a right angle. If you wanted to connect them, you'd need a tube with a slight curve in it.

Zoom in on this picture and you can see what I'm talking about:

http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=475&d=1216580416

I think that would be easy to fab. It would only need to go in a 1.5"-2.0" on each side with a bolt through each end. It would maybe need to pull one side off to get everything lined up or maybe continue the existing bend slightly. I'll sure take them if you want to get rid of them! If not I'm going to order a new set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts