Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much waiting for the parts to become available, I spent the morning installing 1) SWMotch GPS mount

and 2) SWMotech center stand

Both were fairly easy to install, the only thing I see right now, is the side stand and center stand touch when up. I will need to see if they can be adjusted a bit.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Both were fairly easy to install, the only thing I see right now, is the side stand and center stand touch when up. I will need to see if they can be adjusted a bit.
Perhaps a small rubber pad between them? Nice job BTW the center stand is one thing I would have liked.

·
Super Moderator
1,484 Posts
...Both were fairly easy to install, the only thing I see right now, is the side stand and center stand touch when up. I will need to see if they can be adjusted a bit.
get some pcv tubing slit it and line the inside with some thin double sided tape - stick it on the side stand or center stand tubing - put it where it will allow max height of the stand in up position and reducing the rattle.

I remember now why i bought a Pro-Oiler over the e-Scotsoiler... that thing is HUGE!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
1. Be sure you cut the plastic underneath cover (left side) with the template provided in centerstand instructions: Shears cut through it like butter.

2. YES, when your center stand is up, your side stand NEEDS to be out too: unless you want to fumble with it just to look cool. FOR SAFETY, you really need to mount it with the side-stand down anyway, so the side stand is ALWAYS down when you are not riding now :)

No problem really, its just a procedural thing. It's hard to fit a centerstand on at all on the Vs. 650. If it was easy, Kawasaki would have done it!

But it would be hard to live without a centerstand once you have one!
(Note: NOT for lowered Vs. 650's! Sorry.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts