Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd share a few highlights. The V preformed exemplary as I'm sure anyone on this board would expect. Anyone that hasn't been out there needs to go. Its F'n awsome. Beutiful roads both payved and gravel. My mind is still trying to comprehend the vastness of the landscape. We hit up Glacier ntl park and on the way home we went through the black forrest and the bad lands. It was hot.

Rolled out there with my usual lugage. The little 650 does not like having increased wind reistance at high speeds. Fuel econ was terrible. I got mid 30s on average for the whole trip. The ulitimate low was 27 while riding into a head wind. The V did even worse than the 990 adventure that came along with us. There was also a Super Ten and an 800GS. Latter we met up with a WeeStrom. Everyone survived and all the bikes took the beatings that they were built for. Some more than others.

Here are some pics. 3 good gravel running shots and one amuzing wildlife pic. and a landscape shot.

I put on a Dunlop 616 on the front and an Anikee2 rear. All told I put on 4670 miles in 9 days. Both tires look to bee in very good shape. little wear and squaring so far. I haven't measured tread depth but I'd be suprized if they were worn even to 1/2 tread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I'm suprized. According to the interweb the Anakee is about 8mm tread depth new. Mine are down to 4mm. Still not bad. If I get another 4600 miles out of whats left I'll be happy.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...Here are some pics. 3 good gravel running shots and one amuzing wildlife pic. and a landscape shot....
Looking at picture #3 - it's no wonder your gas mileage was so poor! I'll bet your "smileage" was GREAT, tho'....
:exactly:

BTW, did you try 89 from St. Marys south to East Glacier? If not - next time make sure you do!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did ride 89. Great little road. Need a bike that can morph from a zx14 to a 600RR on that road. And of coarse back to a versys when you pull off on some senic gravel cow path.

Pic 3 was great smileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts